Author Topic: Burns active  (Read 1581 times)

Offline *jean*

• Donator
  • who need s pills when you have pals ?
Burns active
« on: September 09, 2008, 03:37:34 PM »
this is what I feed my lot on as they are very active and I find it suits them well. They do get a fair bit of raw food too but due to my weird work patterns often its easier to feed a kibble.
 anyway what Ive found is vastly varying prices from place to place.
 My vets push hills. I perfer burns and the nearest stockist is dornoch or tain. The tain vets recommend  burns.
 my vets cant match the other vets prices and they say they sell hills a bit cheaper as they buy it in bulk and can do so, however there was 8- 10 pounds of a difference! I think my vets are just expensiveTBH.
 what do you pay? Its a 15kg bag no vat as its for working dogs.

Offline jann

• Site Member
Re: Burns active
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2008, 03:58:45 PM »
 :huh:  Do Burns not deliver to your area Jean ?  I order mine direct from them  :-\  ( high oats not active)

http://www.burns-pet-nutrition.co.uk/product_range.htm

At the moment you get 18 kg for the price of 15 kg of the Active  :shades:
£37.99 + delivery

Offline *jean*

• Donator
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2008, 04:09:13 PM »
thanks jan they do and it says
Scottish Highlands and Islands
Up to £29.95 (ex VAT) delivery is £5
Over this is free
and as they charge £37.99 thats over the amount . however the vets I get it from only charge £32.99
 bit of a pain  having to travel 30 mile round trip  to get it tho.  I usually go to the supermarket as well if im there.I wonder if the vets have that offer on as well.

Offline jann

• Site Member
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2008, 04:21:38 PM »
 :-\ Just a thought Jean, I know Burns recently put up their prices, if it's a while since you bought any or if they were using up stock already held, could that account for the difference in price ?  It seems strange that it's being sold cheaper by the vets than direct from the manufacturer iyswim   :huh:

Offline *jean*

• Donator
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2008, 04:23:34 PM »
hmm I phoned today to ensure they had it in and I asked the price, maybe they have an old price on their computer. oh well Ill find out when I go to pick it up.
 maybe they get it cheaper as they buy in bulk?

Offline *jean*

• Donator
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2008, 06:48:19 PM »
well its 32.89 a bag .  :o  I got the 18kg for 15kg too offer.  ;)  so ive ordered 2 more bags and a friend will pick it up for me ( its her vets) Im chuffed.
 the petshop and my vets are way more expensive, I wish id gone there before!
 the ordinary burns is about £42.
Ive worked out that a bag will do me a month easily so thats less than £3 per dog per week.
 a lot cheaper than hills which my vets push on everyone.

Offline hle

• Site Member
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2008, 06:53:57 PM »
I ordered direct from Burns online and got the delivery cost deducted by using a voucher from the breeder. After the first order I have received 2 money off vouchers for £3 each. As my pet shop sells Burns for the same price minus the delivery charge I buy it from there and use the voucher to get £3 off. Not sure how many vouchers I will get but it has been worth it so far.