Author Topic: advice  (Read 897 times)

Offline bling

• Jessie :)
advice
« on: September 11, 2008, 04:11:12 PM »
hi could you recommend a food to put my cocker on ,she is 8 months old ,just been reading about raw meat and eggs ,should i be giving her these ,she is on puppy bakers complete at the moment ,but going to change it as been told not great , :D

Offline Nicola

• FTCh Caoimhe
Re: advice
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2008, 04:19:52 PM »
If you're looking for a dry food I listed a few on your other thread which people on here use and find good but it's really a matter of finding one which suits your own dog, for example Burns is a good quality food which a lot of dogs do well on but I can't feed it to mine as it makes one of them lose weight extremely rapidly. Dry food wise I use Arden Grange Premium for two of mine and Nutro for the other one.

Feeding dogs raw meat is known as a BARF (bones and raw food or biologically appropriate raw food) diet. My dogs get a few raw bone evening meals each week (usually rabbit, chicken wings or pork ribs) to keep their teeth clean plus one of tripe and one of tinned sardines and raw egg just because they like it. If you're going to feed a totally BARF diet you need to do quite a bit of research to ensure that the dog is getting the right balance of everything they need but a lot of people do as I do and feed a good quality dry kibble for the bulk of the diet with some raw elements added for variety/enjoyment/teeth cleaning etc.
Nicola, Tilly, Rodaidh and Caoimhe x

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30049807@N08/

Offline bling

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2008, 04:51:33 PM »
hi thank you for that  :D

Offline tiamaria

• CHARLEY CHOPS
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2008, 05:03:48 PM »
My pup is on Arden Grange and really enjoys it! I ordered it online last time, but i asked my local pet shop who have ordered it me for the same price and no delivery costs!  :D

My partners work colleague had 2 springers on bakers complete, my partner explained it was full of enumbers etc, so he changed them, and he said the difference in their behaviour is fantastic!

REUBY DOOO!

Offline bling

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2008, 06:04:54 PM »
thank you i will be changing her food  :D