Author Topic: icecream  (Read 2880 times)

Offline AnnieM

• Site Member
  • Jazmin
Re: icecream
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2008, 09:37:22 AM »
We went to the Chatsworth Country Fair the other week, the lady on the Chatsworth house farm shop stand gave Jazmin her own tub of ice cream while we had ours.   :005:  She ate most of the tub and thoroughly enjoyed it, cooled her down no end, can't say much for clearing up the next morning though,  ph34r  even though the ice cream was definitely not Mr Whippy, the poos were.   :lol2:

**DALEMSTAR COCKERS**

Offline GinnyB

• Mali, my gorgeous golden girl
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2008, 09:49:52 AM »
Mali loved her Mini Milk at Cardingmill Valley a few weeks ago  :D
Elsie my beautiful bluey

Offline Hurtwood Dogs

• Donator
  • Little Lionheart
« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2008, 10:02:26 AM »
None of mine have ever had ice cream (I'm mean I know ph34r ph34r) but I don't think I would give it to them - mainly because of all the sugar.. they seem happy with the ice that crashes onto the floor everytime I open my always frosted up freezer  :005:

Hannah xxx

Hannah, Dave & Normy xx

Trev 2001-07 soul dog, always in my heart and dreams x

Offline Karma

• Site Member
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2008, 10:20:34 AM »

I'm obviously a very mean mummy - Honey has never had ice cream....  ph34r
Remembering Honey. Aug 2007-July 2020

Offline Beth

• Site Member
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2008, 10:23:25 AM »

I'm obviously a very mean mummy - Honey has never had ice cream....  ph34r

Next time we end up at the seaside together we can buy them one to share :005:
Owned by Jarvis (Cocker), and Lucy (Cavalier).

Offline Karma

• Site Member
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2008, 10:23:54 AM »
Now there's an idea....  :005:
Remembering Honey. Aug 2007-July 2020

Offline Cob-Web

• Inactive
  • To err is human, to forgive, canine
    • Walking on Wight Blog
« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2008, 12:41:44 PM »
I'm a mean mum, too - I'm not too concerned about the odd treat, but want to avoid any possibility of them learning to beg or worse, steal - so they are never fed food we are eating  ph34r
Enrich your life with an Oldie!
Oldies Club

Offline Helen

• helen noakes jewellery
« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2008, 04:25:18 PM »
I'm a mean mum, too - I'm not too concerned about the odd treat, but want to avoid any possibility of them learning to beg or worse, steal - so they are never fed food we are eating  ph34r

depends on the dog really doesn't it?  Jarv does get human food scraps, icecream etc and doesn't steal or beg and sleeps under the table when we eat a meal ....our friends dog doesn't get any treats like this and will happily leap on the table to steal food from your plate or snatch it from your hand....I know which I would prefer  :shades:

As for the sugar content, well I'd rather let him have a bit of icecream than see him consuming cat or fox poo or worse  ph34r ph34r

helen & jarvis x

Offline twolittleboys

• Elgar and Finzi
« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2008, 04:55:26 PM »
The boys live in a mean house as well, have never had scraps off off the plate and have never pestered us.  If we are eating in the dining room they are in the conservatory or kitchen and allowed in when we have finished.  Consequently they do not beg for food or bother us when we are eating in the kitchen.

But .. eating a picnic sitting on the ground with them next to us proved to be rather different, i.e. half my sandwich disappeared  ph34r

Offline Hurtwood Dogs

• Donator
  • Little Lionheart
« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2008, 05:11:30 PM »
 :lol: None of mine have ever been fed from the table or are allowed to hassle us when eating and only get food in their bowls or as treats when training... and they've ALL been different, the only thing they've had in common was that they LOVE food  :005:

I could leave food on the floor or my sons little table when he was a toddler and Trev wouldn't touch it - EVER. He was brilliant.

Dave (who says he can't jump into the back of the car) will climb onto a table when no one is looking and nick a sandwich he has the stealthiest moves and drives us NUTS.. yet I've had him from an 8 week pup and he's never ever been encouraged or allowed to do this >:(

Norms is OBSESSED with food, as most of her breed are she will 'hassle' when there is food around but to date I've not known her nick anything (other than one joint bin raid with Dave and half my sons chocolate birthday cake a week after she came to live with us  :005:

Hannah, Dave & Normy xx

Trev 2001-07 soul dog, always in my heart and dreams x

Offline cbaker023

• Site Member
« Reply #25 on: September 09, 2008, 05:14:25 PM »
Well Marty only gets the little bit remaining in the icecream pot and thats only been once as a very special treat, occasionally if theres something im eating and i dont finish it all i wait until im finished then give it to him, he doesnt usually beg, occasionally he will jump up at my chair but a quick 'off' gets him to settle on my feet.
He does seem to really want to eat the icecream if we have it though, im a bad mum i think hes addicted lol
x

Offline debbie321

• Site Member
« Reply #26 on: September 09, 2008, 08:57:13 PM »

depends on the dog really doesn't it?  Jarv does get human food scraps, icecream etc and doesn't steal or beg and sleeps under the table when we eat a meal ....our friends dog doesn't get any treats like this and will happily leap on the table to steal food from your plate or snatch it from your hand....I know which I would prefer  :shades:

As for the sugar content, well I'd rather let him have a bit of icecream than see him consuming cat or fox poo or worse  ph34r ph34r

We have never fed Ben from our plates - and if he gets scraps they are taken in the kitchen and put in his bowl  :angel:

However - he sits as close as possible - stares at the food - stares at us - and if he see's half a chance he's in for the kill   >:D

PS  He's never had ice-cream either - just the ice from the freezer or the odd ice-cube  ;)

Offline cbaker023

• Site Member
« Reply #27 on: September 09, 2008, 11:12:52 PM »
well it started off as just an icecube falling out of the freezer and then he somehow learnt that frozen things are extremely yummy, question on a similar topic, are they allowed frozen foods... i.e chicken or bacon or is it best not to give them raw undefrosted meat ( sorry for being really ignorant...  :-\)

Offline cbaker023

• Site Member
« Reply #28 on: September 14, 2008, 02:58:49 PM »
just thought id pop a picture on of marty eating the icecream