Author Topic: Natural Instinct - For BARF'ers/Part BARF'ers  (Read 7180 times)

Offline Sheryl

• Donator
Re: Natural Instinct - For BARF'ers/Part BARF'ers
« Reply #30 on: September 22, 2009, 03:42:41 PM »
Well, my first order arrived today.  6 x 1kg bags of lamb and the same of chicken just to give them variety as well as some lamb bones and liver treats.  I was very impressed that they were still frozen!  There is a pure chicken range (just chicken and ground bone) which you can use once or twice a week in place of the more expensive complete food so with that and also the bones replacing a meal or two, it should work out affordable.  All I have to do now is see how much the girls like it!!

Have to say that they were extremely helpful on the phone.  I didn't realise (if it is true) that most vets only get 1 days tuition on dog nutrition!! :-\
Sheryl, Holly, Kali, Baby Lyla and Angel Chloe

Offline tigs71

• Evie's Cake Design
« Reply #31 on: September 22, 2009, 09:22:58 PM »
Well, my first order arrived today.  6 x 1kg bags of lamb and the same of chicken just to give them variety as well as some lamb bones and liver treats.  I was very impressed that they were still frozen!  There is a pure chicken range (just chicken and ground bone) which you can use once or twice a week in place of the more expensive complete food so with that and also the bones replacing a meal or two, it should work out affordable.  All I have to do now is see how much the girls like it!!

Have to say that they were extremely helpful on the phone.  I didn't realise (if it is true) that most vets only get 1 days tuition on dog nutrition!! :-\

I have ordered the same - due to arrive Thursday morning.  Glad it was still frozen as I have to go out for a couple of hours that morning and have asked them to put it in the back garden for me. 

I agree about them being extremely helpful on the phone - I spoke to David and he explained that they are soon to reduce some of their prices and that they will keep me updated via email.  I am really looking forward to seeing how Mason likes the NI food  :D
Elaine & Mason X

Offline KellyS

• Site Member
« Reply #32 on: September 23, 2009, 08:24:51 PM »
Sounds very promising...i will order when i have some room in my freezer... :D
Kelly & the Keladity Klan

Visit our website
www.keladitycockers.co.uk
Dogs laugh but they laugh with their tails! - Max Eastman

Offline Sheryl

• Donator
« Reply #33 on: September 23, 2009, 08:58:52 PM »
I have already decided I need a 3rd freezer for the dog's stuff.......now all I have to do is tell Mr Sheryl it is going in his beloved garage..... :005:

Offline tigs71

• Evie's Cake Design
« Reply #34 on: September 23, 2009, 09:42:39 PM »
I have already decided I need a 3rd freezer for the dog's stuff.......now all I have to do is tell Mr Sheryl it is going in his beloved garage..... :005:

:005: :005: I am doing the same - luckily my niece has a small chest freezer she needs to offload so it is coming my way  ;)
Elaine & Mason X

Offline Sheryl

• Donator
« Reply #35 on: September 24, 2009, 08:42:06 AM »
Lucky you!!  Still haven't told Mr Sheryl.  He thinks it is going in the spare room ph34r ph34r ph34r

Well, so far so good.  I have started the changeover for Kali from kibble and Lyla from the raw stuff I make myself.  Must admit they seem to love it!!  Think I will just make the last combination meal today and then feed only NI tomorrow.  They love the dried liver treats and the lamb bones too.  Fingers crossed :blink:

Offline tigs71

• Evie's Cake Design
« Reply #36 on: September 24, 2009, 02:15:16 PM »
My NI arrived today  :D  Mason was very excited as DH and I split it all up into portion sizes.  He was very patient so we gave him some of the liver treat and he LOVED it (understatement)  :005:

Left a little out for later so really looking forward to seeing how he likes it - not that I have any doubt at all that he will  :luv:
Elaine & Mason X

Offline Sheryl

• Donator
« Reply #37 on: September 24, 2009, 02:48:00 PM »
Aye, the same reaction here lol.... :blink: :blink: :blink:

Offline bluegirl

• Site Member
    • www.millionhairsdoggrooming.co.uk
« Reply #38 on: September 24, 2009, 04:07:52 PM »

Yeah, I heard that, then they have the cheek to lecture us about our dogs diets >:D as if they know what they're talking about :005:
Karen, Penny, Logan, Phoebe and Bronte.

"Life is a series of dogs".    George Carlin

I was going to take over the world but got distracted by something sparkly.

Offline Sheryl

• Donator
« Reply #39 on: September 25, 2009, 11:14:41 AM »
It is a disgrace to think I did more research on raw than they did on kibble and yet they fall out with me over feeding raw!! 

Well, NI has gone down so well that I have ordered more.  Even Kali (who hasn't been fed raw for a good few years) is loving it!  I really do have to get another freezer though.  I have just had to sacrifice 2 half full tubs of ice cream to get the space I needed! :'( :005:

Offline cupcakebarb

• Site Member
  • Oscar my baby boy n Bramble my baby girl
« Reply #40 on: January 06, 2010, 02:46:07 PM »
I have decidedvto take the plunge and ordered some for my 3 never had barf brfore so w ewill see how it goes.  Hoping Bram might loss]e abit of weight on it.

Offline Sheryl

• Donator
« Reply #41 on: January 06, 2010, 02:48:21 PM »
Well done you.  I have both girls on it now and they love it.  Don't forget you can substitute the pure chicken once a week which is cheaper  :blink:

Offline ladylola

• Donator
« Reply #42 on: January 06, 2010, 03:34:05 PM »
My 5 are on it too.  Just had my 3rd delivery,

They love it. Once a week I give them pilchards or sardines instead.

The lamb is a bit pricey but it is lamb. The beef I think was beef heart and Tripe.

Just got a mix of the chicken and lamb that seems OK.  I use one and a third bags a day for my five.
Julie. Owned by Sasha, Ellie, Monty, Paisley, Louie & Molly
One just isn't enough.

Offline sazzysue

• Donator
« Reply #43 on: January 07, 2010, 09:38:13 AM »
I've been thinking for a while that I would like to start giving Marlo a more natural diet after reading some of these threads about it. But I am not sure how to begin, I do need to buy some books about it..... Looking at the website for NI it does appeal to me as a beginner as it seems to be well balanced, but before ordering just would like to know because it is bulk would it be best to go for the mixed meat or the two separate meat versions as I think I read somewhere that they do need a variety of different meat  :huh:   I do get him a variety of bones from our local town butchers. Any advice please

Sue & Marlo

Offline flyingspaniel

« Reply #44 on: January 07, 2010, 11:37:22 AM »
Not sure this is the right place to post this but I'll try anyway.
I have a 9 week puppy who I am putting onto Barf (my current adult dog is already on it) but I'm looking for a more 'complete' solution for the pup. For those of you who have tried NI (and fed pups?) do you think their puppy mix would be suitable? I'm just concerned that it doesn't have enough bone and wouldn't give enough variety.
I'm keen to know your thoughts  :huh: having trawled through the different BARF sources and read Billinghurst's book  ph34r
Educated by Abby x