Author Topic: James Wellbeloved - Advice please  (Read 1925 times)

Offline 04callahans

James Wellbeloved - Advice please
« on: January 27, 2011, 11:01:11 AM »
At the moment our pup is fed in Iams dry food with a bit of Bakers wet food mixed in. However, I'd like to get him on James Wellbeloved as soon as possible.

I was just having a look on the website and there are a lot of options re. dry foods, wet foods, flavours, etc. and I just wondered what people's opinions/experiences are with the different foods.

If you only feed the dry foods, will the dog not get bored of it?

Thanks for your help! From confused.com!  :005:

Offline fiona2

• Donator
Re: James Wellbeloved - Advice please
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2011, 11:03:09 AM »
i feed all 3 of mine on dry jwb and they thrive on it but be warned some dogs suffer from gas on this and have pongy bottom burps! ;)

Offline MaggieR

• Donator
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2011, 11:16:49 AM »
Can't really advise for or against a specific strategy as have only ever had one :) But for what its worth Maggie has Nature Diet wet in the morning and then JWB kibble in the evening. A few times a week I will swap out her evening kibble for either chicken wings or sardines/egg etc.... Seems fine on that one and generally speaking not too many smelly bottom burps or sloppy poo's  :shades:
Lisa & Maggie x

One reason a dog can be such a comfort when you're feeling blue is that he doesn't try to find out why.  ~Author Unknown

Offline Pudding

• Donator
  • Bob My Love My Life
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2011, 11:24:02 AM »
Bob has Duck JWB with some veg for breakfast at about 8.00am  and a chicken wing at about 10.00am
then he has raw meet and veg in the evenings... i did have some problems with his poo being a bit lose
but now i feed this diet his poo is fine..

Offline mark1

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2011, 11:24:34 AM »
We changed Bailey (16 weeks) from Royal Canin onto JWB a few weeks ago as he was very picky with the RC. He eats his JWB straight away now no trouble. Both of our adult dogs are on JWB no problem at all they have never looked better. They never seem to get bored and we do give the occasional sardines raw carrot and livercake as a treat and they seem very happy. Bailey has really thrived since he went onto it and his coat looks a lot better IMO. Oh and very good number 2's as well.

Offline mooching

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2011, 11:29:20 AM »
At the moment our pup is fed in Iams dry food with a bit of Bakers wet food mixed in.

Just checking, did you mean Bakers (didn't know they did wet food), or could it be Butchers?

Offline redlottie

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2011, 11:52:32 AM »
Hi, I have fed Albie who is now 5 and a half months on JWB lamb and rice dry kibble since he came to us and he loves it.  Doesn't seem to get bored of it, that said loves food in general  ;)

My older cocker Otto who is 18 months has Arden Grange Lamb and Rice dry kibble only and again gets on brilliantly though as a pup we used to mix Otto's with a bit of wet and then just found he got fussier and fussier so now its dry all the way.  When we move Albie onto adult we will probably move him onto Arden Grange as well as it is easier and more cost effective to have them both on the same.

They do get occassional treats as well either a bit of chicken or tuna bread but normally only when its been earned  :D

Offline Sheryl

• Donator
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2011, 12:00:33 PM »
I have heard the argument before that adding wet food to dry makes them fussy but I have not found that at all.  Kali eats Barking Heads Lamb kibble with a quarter of a small tub of Lily's Kitchen lamb dinner mixed in.  I see no problem giving Kali a bit more variety.  She will eat the kibble on its own if I run out of wet food without a problem.  I wouldn't eat one thing every day and I feel the same about Kali!  I think you will find that many people on here add something or other to kibble. :blink:
Sheryl, Holly, Kali, Baby Lyla and Angel Chloe

Offline B52

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2011, 12:05:55 PM »
Bracken is 15 months old

I feed her Nature Diet wet food - morning and evening - and JWB kibble inside a large rubber ball (I can't remember the name of it!!!) - plus treats, carrots, veggies - whatever I am preparing for dinner...

She rolls and plays with it, and the kibble litters the house - but she does pick it all up eventually  :005:

Offline Poppypuppy09

• Donator
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2011, 12:34:00 PM »
I feed JWB Duck and Rice to my girls....no botty troubles at all and still happy to eat it  :D

Offline redlottie

« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2011, 12:47:41 PM »
I agree absolutely with the concept of adding a bit of variety but just found with Otto that he constantly wanted something different adding and wouldnt eat the kibble on its own.

Offline mooching

« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2011, 01:00:27 PM »
With Alfie I occasionally give him a meal of half NatureDiet (wet food) and half kibble, but I do it randomly so that he doesn't come to expect it.

04callahans, I don't feed Alfie on JWB kibble, but I do give him their treats sometimes, the Mini Jacks. I keep them in a jar by the front door so that if someone knocks, I have something there to hand to "incentivise" him to sit and not rush out/jump up!

Offline Bluebell

• Limited Member
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2011, 01:03:16 PM »
My lot ( 7 years, 4 years and 8 months) have JWB Kibble. They like the 'fish and rice' and the 'duck and rice' best .Buy the one in the paper packaging as opposed to the foil packaging, it is better quality ;)
No windy bottoms here either :005:

Offline mooching

« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2011, 01:04:09 PM »
No windy bottoms here either :005:

And how about your dogs?   ;) :005:

Offline Bluebell

• Limited Member
« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2011, 01:06:39 PM »