Author Topic: Does adult RC upset tummies?  (Read 1010 times)

Offline *MaryG*

• Donator
Does adult RC upset tummies?
« on: September 09, 2011, 05:39:19 PM »
Pepper had had the runs since going onto adult RC . I moved him gradually but doesn't seem to be able to take it. I am about to try RC sensitive.....what do others think?

Offline Shelley

• Site Member
  • Melody, Abi, Tia
Re: Does adult RC upset tummies?
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2011, 07:02:34 PM »
I used to use RC for my lot, but one of my Cockers was always scratching. I changed to a raw diet ( for other reasons) and the scratching stopped, so it must have been that that made Tia itchy. My youngest was on RC and had runny poo, until she walked into my house, then it went in the bin!

Tia, Melody and Abi

RAW FED, CHEMICAL FREE DOGS!

Offline maddy74

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2011, 12:47:13 AM »
Hiya mary,

Weve had our willow on a few different foods and she has always had sloppy stools on and off (sometimes containing mucus). Ive posted no end of times with the worry, then over the bank hol she had a really bad tum and got us up twice in the night (unheard of) then in the morning she was passing blood in her stools, anyways to cut a long story short, the vet thinks it might have been colitis and after anti biotics, pro kolin paste and a change of diet to royal canin sensitive she has firmed up a treat. We are over the moon and hope she can put a bit of weight on now as she looks like a scrawny dog  :-\

Maddy

Offline *MaryG*

• Donator
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2011, 10:48:35 AM »
Thanks for the replies,I was unable to get the RC sensitive in PAH but maybe I will have to get it on line. Other wise I think our vet sells Hills sensitive...has any one tried this? After looking at another thread yesterday I bought a bag of Wainrights food and pepper has gone well today so I have that for a few days all being well. i would like to try a sensitive by Hills or RC really as these makes were recommended at our Puppy class as good makes to use.