Author Topic: Arden Grange V Royal Canin  (Read 10826 times)

Offline Sara_Clara

Arden Grange V Royal Canin
« on: August 17, 2011, 11:27:49 AM »
Pebbles came to us from the breeder on Royal Canin Medium Junior kibble and is doing fine on it so happy enough.  However, at puppy training they keep extolling the virtues of Arden Grange.  Bear in mind they sell it there too so could be biased.  Just wondered if people thought Arden Grange was much better than Royal Canin.  They seem about the same price although Arden does have more varieties I think.

Any thoughts?
Puppy Colour: Chocolate Sable Roan
Puppy DOB: 25.02.24
Puppy Name: Murphy
Mummy Name:  Sara

Offline Beebs

Re: Arden Grange V Royal Canin
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2011, 11:49:57 AM »
I personally think Arden Grange is better but thats just my own opinion. I like the ingredients and my dogs like it and look great on it.

Offline Neon

• Donator
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2011, 11:58:24 AM »
Can't give any comment on Arden Grange but Toby has always been on Royal Canin and is doing sooo well on it - never left a single meal and gaining weight steadily  :blink:

(RIP Charlie and Jarvis - Love You Both Forever)  :luv: :luv:

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2011, 12:32:23 PM »
Pebbles came to us from the breeder on Royal Canin Medium Junior kibble and is doing fine on it so happy enough.  However, at puppy training they keep extolling the virtues of Arden Grange.  Bear in mind they sell it there too so could be biased.  Just wondered if people thought Arden Grange was much better than Royal Canin.  They seem about the same price although Arden does have more varieties I think.

Any thoughts?

Are your puppy classes run by a vet practice by any chance? - some, if not all - have financial interests in selling a particular brand of food  ;) at ours it is Hills  :shades:
Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, and Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22 both now at the Bridge.

Offline Sharon

• Inactive
  • Bramble
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2011, 05:42:59 PM »
Royal Canin Medium Junior is on offer in Pets at Home at the moment, 3 for 2 on 4 kg bags  ;)   My pups all leave on RC and most owners leave them on it. 

I've tried AG on my adult dogs but for some reason they don't like it.

Offline lynnruby

• Donator
  • Ruby
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2011, 07:39:48 PM »
If RC suits Pebbles I wouldn't change her food. Ruby is fed AG and is thriving, she came from the breeder being fed on Beta which I wasn't too happy with (even though our vet said it was fine) so I did a little bit of research and chose AG. If she is happy and thriving I would keep her on RC.
Lynn

Offline Sara_Clara

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2011, 03:25:05 PM »
thanks everyone for your replies.  Will keep her on RC I think.

Offline 6thSense

• Donator
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2011, 07:00:50 PM »
I feed Royal canin as it's the only food I've found that suits all my dogs. I have tried others. I know Arden Grange is another good food though. I think as others have said if it ain't broke don't fix it.  :shades: If she's doing well on RC then I would stick with that to be honest. Why tempt fate.  ;)
xxxxxx 🐕 Sarah & 'Chamerl' Cocker Crew 🐕 xxxxxx

Offline cookham cocker

• Ruby 9 weeks
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2011, 09:29:56 PM »
Having a v fussy 3 yr old cocker who drives me insane with food and allergies I would say if it aint broke DON'T try to fix it .....

Offline seaangler

« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2011, 08:53:13 AM »
I reckon it horse for courses on what you feed your dog...We give are Cindy Royal Canin as to weight lost as per stribe by the vet...And it is expansive...(BUT IT WORKS)No dowt if you went to a show like crufts and ask at any stall the men behind the counter will say theres is the best and it will go on from there(if your self was selling a product you will say the same) after all you are trying to make a living the same as the next guy......

Royal canin is tried and tested...And i am paying vet prices at the moment ware i could get it of the net a lot cheaper...With are new puppy

So i think that's why we stick with some thing that works rather than trying some thing different...

Gemma..Cindy And peggy

Offline langcliffe

• Settle Music
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2011, 09:49:52 PM »
Bramble was on RC medium junior, but we struggled to get her to eat it, having to put cheese, yogurts sardines on it etc and even then it was  struggle, so we started adding AG to it after sending way for some triai packs. She ate the AG and left the RC SO she is now on AG chicken and rice  moistened with warm water , with no extras..... she doesn't wolf it down, but is certainly eating better than ever before.....
Linda & Allan
 www.settlemusic.co.uk
Thinking about Music....

Offline flower1

« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2011, 03:45:58 PM »
Toby has always been on RC and seems to suit him. He's not one to just eat anything for the sake of eating so we add things to it like chicken or pasta to keep it interesting as recommended by his breeder. We take out an equal volume of the RC that we replace with "real food" to make sure his weight stays ok.
RC seems to be pretty popular and relied upon by most breeders as we have seen it has been part of the prize at shows. There's a cocker specific RC but Toby's breeder didn't feel that it was any better than the standard food.
Lucy (28.5.1997-11.05.2010) & Toby (6.2.2010) :luv:

Offline Sara_Clara

« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2011, 04:09:42 PM »
Yes, I did think about the breed specific RC but as people say if it ain't broke don't fix it I suppose  ;)

Offline Doogers

• Donator
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2011, 05:17:07 PM »
We feed Indie Arden Grange and shes absolutely loves it. I'm convinced there's not much between the 2 to be honest tho.

Asia 31/1/2002-24/1/2011

Offline Joelf

• Site Member
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2011, 08:36:45 PM »
Our dogs do very well on a mixture of Arden Grange and NatureDiet.

I managed to get large two bags of AG very cheaply (saved about £20) from this supplier.

I was very impressed with them; their delivery was excellent and they left the bags exactly where I asked them (I can't abide deliverers that won't just leave the product necessitating me hanging around all day waiting for them!! ;))
Jo, Domino (cocker) & Spike (black lab.)