Author Topic: Might this behaviour be linked to the chicken wing???  (Read 1030 times)

Offline **purpleprincess**

Might this behaviour be linked to the chicken wing???
« on: September 02, 2012, 01:22:49 PM »
Yesterday afternoon/evening Luca was behaving very oddly. He was extremely needy, wanting to sit on my lap, be near us (more than normal  :005:) and we went out last night to a pub and sat in the beer garden and he just wouldn't settle, normally will chill by our feet with a pizzle. But he just wouldn't at all. And he met the pub dog (a gorgeous Sussex Spaniel) and Luca growled at him and was extremely scared of him. Running away and wanting to jump into my lap. This isn't like Luca at all, he is so friendly and loves other dogs. And when we got home he wanted to be on top of the sofa- not like him at all and he kept growling. And when we went to bed I took him for a wee but he didn't want to go and just kept trying to come back in, so didn't wee before bed. And in bed he sat on mine and my other half's heads, our pillows, across our chests. Just wouldn't settle, he normally sleeps at our feet quite happily and conks out straight away. He was fidgeting for hours. He is eating, drinking, weeing, pooing normally.

Was he just spooked about something/tired?? The only thing different about yesterday was the chicken wings.

:huh: :huh: :huh:

Thanks for any advice!
Owned by Luca, the chocolate roan cocker spaniel :)

Offline Archie bean

• Donator
  • Archie. RIP bridge babies Sherwood and Dickon.
    • Emma Graham Harpist
Re: Might this behaviour be linked to the chicken wing???
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2012, 02:00:12 PM »
No real advice re the chicken wing but it does sound a bit as if he may be in discomfort from something. Either an upset tum or maybe a grass seed? If he doesn't settle back down I would be inclined to have him checked over by the vet just in case. How old is he? Could he still be teething or perhaps secondary teething is kicking in? Sorry, not much help but gentle squudges to you and him. Hope he feels more settled soon.  :luv:

Offline flower1

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2012, 03:07:23 PM »
If he isn't back to normal tomorrow I would consider the vets. Does he seem in any discomfort? If it is the wing upsetting him he won't be too happy with you pressing his tummy gently. A friend's dog had a bone incident and he was very sorry for himself.

Worth having a listen to his gut. If you just put your ear to his tummy when he's lying on his side it should be nice and gurgley. It's a tip we got from the vet when Toby had a stomach upset- he didn't have a noisy tum.
Lucy (28.5.1997-11.05.2010) & Toby (6.2.2010) :luv:

Offline ollie nathan's mum

• Donator
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2012, 11:32:40 AM »
My immediate thoughts were constipation but if he is pooing okay then :huh: Hope he settles.
Ollie D.O.B 29/03/2010

Offline piph

• Donator
  • Ozzy and Jess
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2012, 04:29:51 PM »
How is Luca today?

Offline **purpleprincess**

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2012, 09:24:08 PM »
Hi guys. Thanks for your advice and positive thoughts.

He returned back to his normal self, never thought I'd be so glad to have him nipping at my fingers and ankles  :005: :005: bedtime was normal too, sleeping at our feet as opposed to on my head and face!!

The only thing we can put it down to is the chicken wings, so they have been put in the freezer for us to have as BBQ wings at a later date. Maybe we will try it again down the line...
Owned by Luca, the chocolate roan cocker spaniel :)