Author Topic: "Worlds Tuffest Soft Toy"  (Read 1874 times)

Offline jonnytrabant

"Worlds Tuffest Soft Toy"
« on: October 27, 2013, 05:54:07 AM »
Bought the above item at PAH yesterday a nice little shark at a nice little price £15!!! Took Harry approximately 30 mins to destroy it  :doh:  took it back to PAH who thankfully refunded my £15, all I had to tell them it was a Cocker  :005:

Offline HBP

• Hudson Bramble
Re: "Worlds Tuffest Soft Toy"
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2013, 08:16:13 AM »
Ha!  :005: We got a "Tough" Natural Toy from there, a kind of woven hessian stick, whose label assured me would stand up to the most serious of chewers... Destroyed. By an 11 week old cocker. Approx 1 day!  :005:

Offline Joules

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2013, 08:26:31 AM »
This is why I gave up on those expensive doggy soft toys.  Coco's cuddlies come from the charity shop, usually for about £1.  Just make sure they have no loose parts (eyes etc) or beans inside.  She still has some that she had as a pup but they have all been "customised" in some way  :005:  Quite a few have come to a messy end but at least they are cheap  ;)
Julie and Watson

Offline JamiesGirl

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2013, 10:14:38 AM »
When i read posts like these i am so thankful that Jamie isn't a chewer but rather a carrier!
🐾 Jamie's Girl - Sara 🐾

Offline wendall

• Donator
  • Honey and Pip
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2013, 10:28:27 AM »
Ha!  :005: We got a "Tough" Natural Toy from there, a kind of woven hessian stick, whose label assured me would stand up to the most serious of chewers... Destroyed. By an 11 week old cocker. Approx 1 day!  :005:

We had that one and was destroyed within minutes by a puppy!!
Rosie,rest in peace my beautiful little girl, you will be in my heart forever. 2/2/12-24/10/12

Offline piph

• Donator
  • Ozzy and Jess
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2013, 02:55:35 PM »
We have had to remove everything from Ozzy's toy box that isn't made of either very hard, Kong-type rubber or stag bars - he destroys everything that is any softer than that - brand new so-called 'tough' toys included.  We even have to remove the outer fluffy skin of a tennis ball.  We just don't buy toys any more!

Offline Bevjparkes

« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2013, 03:11:43 PM »
I must have the wimpiest cocker in the world! Murphy is nearly 7 months and still has soft toys that we gave him when he was 8 weeks old, he never damages them at all - I wish I could say the same for his treatment of the skirting boards .... Bless him!

Offline rednblack

« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2013, 03:42:47 PM »
Domino is not very interested in his soft toys except as a pillow.

Prince on the other hand is an expert at finding the weakest point and working away until he can wreck the toy  >:D .  But he still has the little stuffed toy which came with him from his breeder (I've had to mend it twice) - he only gets it at bedtime now, and it's put away during the day. 

I'd been thinking about getting him one or two of those "Tuff" toys for Christmas, but reading other people's experiences I don't think they'd last.
Remembering Rex, Janna, Toni, Billy, Rufus and Ebony - gone beyond recall.

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2013, 04:08:47 PM »
Minstrel has been good up to now - well where toys are concerned, he would much rather make holes in trousers & sweat tops - prefably with me in them, to go OUCH  :005:

If I have to go out for any length of time - no longer than an hour, I now leave him in the kitchen with some of his toys and a bone shaped kong with cream cheese & fish 4 dogs stars jammed in. On my return, the kong has been raided, but the toys (none of them softee's it has to be said) are still in one piece...hurrah.

I bought him one of the gigglywiggly balls that makes sounds when rolled..and although there have been negative feedback comments on Amazon (chewing/destroying) I have had no such probs.

Hopefully it is just the way he is ...gentle with (almost) everything  :luv:
Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, and Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22 both now at the Bridge.

Offline HBP

• Hudson Bramble
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2013, 05:23:00 PM »
To be fair, Hudson's soft toys have stood the test of time. He must have seen the "Tough" toy as a challenge  ;)

Offline lesley3165

« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2013, 06:12:58 PM »
Meg can destroy all the tough toys in minutes, best toy we have found is a tennis ball stuffed in an old knotted sock, lasted ages :D

Offline Sara750S

• Toby
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2013, 08:01:48 PM »
Damn I thought this was going to be the answer to my prayers and someone had found a toy a cocker cant destroy......

we have remnants of toys all over the place!! Record is 8 mins to destroy a toy billed as "indestructible"!!!!

Good job Toby likes his stag horns to chew

Offline MrsOmalley

• Donator
  • Bella and Millie born 01/10/2012
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2013, 08:23:36 PM »
I must have the wimpiest cocker in the world! Murphy is nearly 7 months and still has soft toys that we gave him when he was 8 weeks old, he never damages them at all - I wish I could say the same for his treatment of the skirting boards .... Bless him!
Millie was like that but the day she turned one set set about destroying all the toys she had had from a few weeks old.

Offline jonnytrabant

« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2013, 08:05:24 AM »
When i read posts like these i am so thankful that Jamie isn't a chewer but rather a carrier!

Thing is, Harry isn't a chewer at all, no furniture damaged but like others have said, he see's certain toys as a challenge and won't stop till its destroyed.