Author Topic: Chewing remedies  (Read 668 times)

Offline Tyler

• Vicky
Chewing remedies
« on: October 27, 2013, 09:59:52 PM »
So our lovely little Dilly (age 8 months) who is always so good and eager to please has turned into a power chewer!!! So far she has taken apart the carpet on the bottom step of the stairs, chewed the bottom of a kitchen cupboard, chewed part of the skirting board in the kitchen and climbed on top if the dining room table and eaten half a candle!!!!! (Tony realised it had gone too quiet and went to investigate and there she was lying on top if it with half a candle!! Little monkey😁)

Dilly has been crate trained but we now have Charlie so he uses the crate during the day, so she is allowed the run of the hallway and kitchen.

I bought some of the deterrent spray but that didn't stop her, looked up remedies for home made solutions which she quite liked (cider vinegar mixed with mustard powder!!) and eventually found that Vix vaporub put her off the carpet and skirting boards!

She has plenty of toys, fabric, rubber etc., she has a nylabone, a kong and I just bought her a STAGbar to see if that works?!!!

Any suggestions ??!!!!!!
Vicky 🐾🐾

Offline lesley3165

Re: Chewing remedies
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2013, 08:07:54 AM »
Watching this thread with interest, meg is 8 1/2 months old and is exactly the same, got me down a bit yesterday to be honest. Seen loads of posts with people saying how their puppy wasn't a chewer and here am I living with one  >:D

Offline jonnytrabant

Re: Chewing remedies
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2013, 08:44:59 AM »
We gave, against advice Harry a stag bar immediately when we got him home and I really think that's helped in that he knows what he can chew on. Sure we've gone through a few and they're not cheap, but compared to carpets, cupboards I know which I'd choose.

The problem you've got as I see it, is convincing Dilly she can chew all day on a stag bar and not the carpet etc