Author Topic: "helping" around the home ????  (Read 2332 times)

Offline Patp

• Donator
  • Jinley
"helping" around the home ????
« on: July 25, 2014, 01:36:17 PM »
Just wondered how your cockers are when you are doing some DIY or housework?

Jinley always has to have a look at what I am sweeping (as I am sweeping it) and if I am on my hands and knees polishing the fireplace, her nose is never far behind.

I noticed just how bad she was a couple of days ago when I had a new washing machine delivered.  I was kneeling in a very confined space trying to plumb it all in under the worktop with Miss J also behind the washer looking to see what I was doing!

Any other cockers the same??

Offline Geordietyke

• Donator
Re: "helping" around the home ????
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2014, 01:40:25 PM »
Whenever I'm painting/dusting etc, if I'm wearing shorts/crop trousers and showing some leg, Archie likes to sit next to me and lick my bare skin or actually sit across my feet as I'm kneeling  :lol2:  He has a thing about lying next to me touching some part of my leg or foot  :luv:
Both taken away from us far too soon. x  RIP Angels Odie & Archie, causing mayhem at the Rainbow, no doubt!

Offline twiceover2

• Donator
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2014, 03:38:23 PM »
We have been decorating the last few weeks.  Barney, a fauve, and Amber, rescue cross-breed, have  stayed paint free.  Pippa, cocker spaniel, on the other hand, has been plastered in it every day.  She is very nosey helpful.

Offline BobnDot

• Donator
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2014, 03:41:38 PM »
Milly, our show cocker, tends to act in a supervisory capacity whenever any work's being done around the house or garden. She stands back and observes the work in progress and then moves in to check things out once the work's been completed.
Chaz, our worker, definitely lives up to his breeding though. He's right in there, nose a few inches away, whenever there's anything even remotely interesting going on. Any tools that may be in use are invariably removed and taken away for a heath and safety check before being hidden or destructively tested to add some interest to the whole proceedings  :lol2:

Bob

Offline wendall

• Donator
  • Honey and Pip
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2014, 03:42:40 PM »
Yep, Honey has today been helping clear up all the rubbish that I have been sweeping up in the garden :005:
Rosie,rest in peace my beautiful little girl, you will be in my heart forever. 2/2/12-24/10/12

Offline its.sme

• Not trained to the Gun, just trained to my Mum x
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2014, 06:37:58 PM »
Another supervisor here, Bea must check out what you are doing and will help carry anything off for you, whether you want her to or not >:D

Offline Pearly

• Donator
  • Pearl, Coral, Sally, Purdey and Kukri
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2014, 06:40:45 PM »
Chief Shopping Bag Inspector here......

Offline honeysmun

• Site Member
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2014, 06:48:21 PM »

Have two more here, don't have time to put the shopping bags down before a pair of
noses are in them :lol2:

Offline HJandKatie

• Loki - Working Cocker
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2014, 07:19:12 PM »
I often have a Loki helping me monitor what ever is cooking in the built in oven.

Offline ruby n millies mum

• ruby and millies mum
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2014, 07:44:55 PM »
OMG all of the above!!...........and "helping" in the garden, they do love a plant pot , sometimes waiting for the plants to be removed ,other times removing newly planted shrubs from the garden.......and my favorite digging holes in the lawn ,but only after its been mowed...and for an extra sympathy vote from COL members all x2.......i do luv my girlsxxxx

Offline Murphys Law

« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2014, 08:11:46 PM »
Murphy always gives our dishes a pre-wash before we switch the dishwasher on >:(

Offline Vicki

• Donator
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2014, 05:23:23 PM »

Ditto. Then standing at mine or OH's elbow, peering over our shoulder, as the fridge and cupboards are filled up. Checking everything is stored in its proper place I suppose.... either that or just supreme nosiness.

Offline BobnDot

• Donator
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2014, 05:48:25 PM »

We're just back in from a Costco trip and our two have excelled themselves. Chaz disappeared into the living room with a big bag of ice cubes in tow while Milly reversed out into the garden dragging a 40 pack (10 x 4) of Cushelle toilet rolls behind her  :005:

Ah well, some of the toilet rolls are now of the "Super perforated" variety while most of the ice cubes have been gathered up and re-bagged ready to go into the freezer for putting in their drinking water  :lol2:..........Just a few wet spots on the carpet to mark where several of them got crunched.

Bob.

Offline Pearly

• Donator
  • Pearl, Coral, Sally, Purdey and Kukri
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2014, 07:09:39 PM »
Refrigerator Hygiene Inspector (nose height doors only)

Every time the door is opened apparently it needs to be checked for bacteria.......

Offline wendall

• Donator
  • Honey and Pip
« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2014, 11:20:08 PM »
This thread just cracks me up, every post is what Honey does :005:
Rosie,rest in peace my beautiful little girl, you will be in my heart forever. 2/2/12-24/10/12