Author Topic: traumatised  (Read 2639 times)

Offline MaggieR

• Donator
Re: traumatised
« Reply #45 on: July 27, 2014, 10:06:48 PM »
I'm so very sorry  :'(
RIP little Holly  :angel:  taken far too young
Lisa & Maggie x

One reason a dog can be such a comfort when you're feeling blue is that he doesn't try to find out why.  ~Author Unknown

Offline Mandy and Teddy

« Reply #46 on: July 28, 2014, 05:49:42 AM »
I am so sorry that you and your children have lost Holly, I understand that the thought our your children grieving is heartbreak added to your grief.

I am not saying my approach is right for everyone but my children were so distraught when we lost their first ( my third) cocker very suddenly all my ideas of waiting for the grief to settle before getting a new puppy evaporated. My youngest was also four when we got Tigger, my oldest six and they were bereft. What we did was find a breeder with month old pups then made a very long drive to choose one. I went totally PUParazzi on the poor little thing and when we came home I printed the pictures and put them in a plastic pocket folder, my girls carried it at all times until a month later when we could pick up Charlie Brown. It didn't stop them crying for Tigger but it was comforting.

Now our poor Charlie has gone too and our hearts are mending with our new little Teddy.

Offline Mrs Pepper

• Pepper
« Reply #47 on: July 28, 2014, 07:50:15 AM »
What devastating news and like others, I'm so very, very sorry you had to lose Holly in this way.  :'(

Offline Gillsy64

« Reply #48 on: July 28, 2014, 07:57:30 AM »
So very sorry for your loss ,thinking of you all at this very sad time   :bigarmhug:

Offline Countrygirl

• Donator
    • Countrygirl
« Reply #49 on: July 30, 2014, 11:34:30 PM »
I am so very sorry, my heart goes out to you.  Far far too young.  Thinking of you.