Double the trouble, double the fun :D
Aw wee Coral is sooo sweet :luv:
you will be fine!

Offline Patp

• Donator
  • Jinley
Re: 1 v 2?
« Reply #31 on: March 24, 2015, 02:27:49 PM »
OMG Jayne she is gorrrjuss!!  and thankfully the only one available  :shades: :shades:

Let me know when she has settled down and I will pop round with a bottle of much needed wine and ice cream!

Offline Pearly

• Donator
  • Pearl, Coral, Sally, Purdey and Kukri
« Reply #32 on: March 24, 2015, 02:47:25 PM »
the other pup is a lemon roan and I'm told heading to the Welsh/Shropshire border so will get to meet her  :D.

I've cream and wine will be most needed welcome around 48 hours after she comes home  :005:

Thank you everyone for such lovely, supportive, comments

Jayne
x

Offline JohnK

• Donator
  • Produced for Minnie, Dennis and Rosie
« Reply #33 on: March 24, 2015, 06:53:40 PM »

Coral  :luv: age 8 weeks - should be home on Thursday, possibly earlier

It looks like Minnie when we first got her x

Offline Sarge1978

« Reply #34 on: March 24, 2015, 09:03:37 PM »
Oh my word Jayne she is gorgeous!! Lucky little girl joining you and Pearly!! We had 2 dogs previously (spring & lab) and never had a problem, they were best of friends from day 1. Lovely for them to have company. I've contemplated it with Poppy as well, she's only just gone 12 months though so maybe in the future. Sam  :D

Offline Helen

• helen noakes jewellery
« Reply #35 on: March 24, 2015, 10:04:32 PM »
If I'm brutally honest life was so much simpler and easier with one.  It's been a knackering few months with a puppy and I can't say I've loved it as that would be a lie.

Life with a 9 year old that I can read like a book and who is easy is a piece of cake. Juggling a 9 year old and a very active puppy and trying to work full time (more than full time)  as well is a nightmare.

Two dogs with one as a pup is not double the work - it's more than that  ;)
helen & jarvis x

Offline Pearly

• Donator
« Reply #36 on: March 24, 2015, 10:23:59 PM »
If I'm brutally honest life was so much simpler and easier with one.  It's been a knackering few months with a puppy and I can't say I've loved it as that would be a lie.

Life with a 9 year old that I can read like a book and who is easy is a piece of cake. Juggling a 9 year old and a very active puppy and trying to work full time (more than full time)  as well is a nightmare.

Two dogs with one as a pup is not double the work - it's more than that  ;)

That's the bit I'm not looking forward to Helen - I'm hoping with Pearl being a show type it may be a little easier as she seems to be as happy to do as much or as little as I ask - full day out beating or just training in the garden which will give me more time to focus on the pup to bring her on.  It does mean a radical lifestyle change but then I've done that once in the last 4 years with Pearl  :D

Appreciate your post - would much rather be mentally prepared for some very long and tough days ahead......Miss P was a nightmare pup - high speed set of flying teeth / nothing was safe! I might get to sit down again in around 4 years  ;)

Offline maddy74

« Reply #37 on: March 25, 2015, 12:31:59 AM »
Awwwww congratulations to you. She looks adorable and a great new addition to your family. Xx

Offline ElvieMogs

« Reply #38 on: March 25, 2015, 09:23:10 AM »
She is beautiful!  An angelic looking handful  :luv: but I'm sure you'll cope with the extra work. How did she end up in rescue? 

Offline Pearly

• Donator
« Reply #39 on: March 25, 2015, 10:58:47 AM »
She is beautiful!  An angelic looking handful  :luv: but I'm sure you'll cope with the extra work. How did she end up in rescue?

Hi Chris - it's a long story but essentially an incredibly responsible breeder who wants to make sure the pups get the best start in life possible and the right homes - I am very lucky in that the breeder is a member of a group I also belong to plus I'm already home checked for CAESSR!  Coral will arrive at At the kennels today - I've been getting updates and videos since Sunday from her breeder!  She should be coming home on Friday but will be with her litter mate until then  :D.

Looking forward to seeing the three ladies running on Broadhave beach together and maybe even going for a swim!

Offline ollie nathan's mum

• Donator
« Reply #40 on: March 25, 2015, 11:44:09 AM »
She is gorgeous, looking forward to hearing all about her.
Ollie D.O.B 29/03/2010

Offline Helen

• helen noakes jewellery
« Reply #41 on: March 25, 2015, 11:57:52 AM »
You'll be fine! It is bloody hard work but at least you're not housetraining in blizzards (I am NEVER getting a puppy in winter EVER again!)

It is getting easier and I am lucky that I have a pretty wonderful little guy in Jago.  Jarvis accepts he's there but still doesn't interact with him much but at least it's that and not complete hatred  :luv: :luv:

I was working from home when Jarvis was a pup (and it was a lovely summer too) and things have changed as my business has grown so that's harder too - I have to have crates, food, beds, toys, stairgates etc in 2 locations (work and home) and I'm lucky that Jarvis prefers going to work with OH so it's just the pup.  I also had to housetrain a pup in town on paper in the workshop and then teach him to go outside at home.  Lucky I got a bright dog!!!  I only have 2-3 hour stretches where I can actually physically work so my concentration is broken a lot and not much has got done.

On the plus side he's a delight - he's a smotherer (ask Lisa about his cuddles), and he's very quick to learn and is utterly sweet.  He's great in his crate and in the car and he did me proud at gundog training in the weekend. 

Do I regret getting HIM?  No.  The Jury is out on whether I regret getting another dog though  :lol2:

helen & jarvis x

Offline AndyB

• Donator
« Reply #42 on: March 26, 2015, 10:06:04 AM »
I'm excited this morning for you.  What time are you picking her up.  Coral looks a complete little treasure on the photograph.   :luv:

Keep us posted. 

Offline Lacie_B

• Donator
  • Bina's Lacie
« Reply #43 on: March 26, 2015, 10:39:25 AM »
Congratulations Jayne she looks beautiful, will she be a match for Lacie with her speed!!
Best of luck to you all I hope Coral settles in quickly and that Pearl mothers her, hope it will not be too stressful.
Looking forward to meeting Coral soon.
Bina's Lottie

At The Rainbow Bridge

Offline Pearly

• Donator
« Reply #44 on: March 26, 2015, 02:29:32 PM »
Thanks Helen - I would much rather be aware ('warts and all) of what I'm letting myself in for  ;) with Jago's breeding I can imagine he will be a very bright lad  :luv:

Coral arrived at CAESSR, along with a litter mate, yesterday. Both pups need a small procedure before they can go to their new homes - this is planned for tomorrow morning, so assuming there are no reactions or concerns, Coral will be home tomorrow evening  :D

I've mentioned before that the breeder has been brilliant regarding the ongoing welfare of both pups and has also covered the costs of the treatment plan for the pups - can't thank them enough (a member on here as well)  :D

Bina - Coral is a wcs of trials lineage - all I'll say is there is no chance of Pearl keeping up  :005:  John from CAESSR tells me Coral is a stunning girl (not that I'm biased  ;) ) and has fallen for her 'I've taken loads of photos!' And her sister has feet he size of a lion! :lol2: