Author Topic: woody at 1  (Read 1283 times)

Offline trevor 1969

woody at 1
« on: April 15, 2015, 12:51:29 PM »
Woody is now 1 now and is our first dog. We didn,t go into this blind and spent 6 months educating ourselves before taking the plunge. Here is just a few things i wasn,t prepared for.
My car has now turned into a van, back seats down permanently with coats ,boots, towels, toys, balls, training bag and a fair bit of mud and dust.
Our house has never been the same with dust,toys, cage, pen, towels, strange smells, half chewed treats, half chewed table and chairs and fur scattered about the place.
No more spare time
Holes in the garden
Cat with nervous disposition
Vet bills !
Oh and he is a thief. Socks, pants, shoes, slippers, food, tea towels are all fair game. The cats toys are buried somewhere in the garden!  But most of all he has stolen our hearts we couldn,t and wouldn,t be without him
Love you Woody x 

Offline Jane57

• Donator
  • Riley
Re: woody at 1
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2015, 12:59:57 PM »
Sounds all perfectly normal, life is never the same after our cocker steals our hearts.
Woody sounds just fine  :005:

Offline 8 Hairy Feet

• Donator
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2015, 01:24:44 PM »
 :luv: what a lovely post!

Offline assumpta

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2015, 01:47:29 PM »
My pup has just turned one as well and can relate to ALL this post  :005: I thought I had a dog that didn't dig but no he's now taken it up with gusto! And as for the dust and fur where on earth does it come from ????? going by my house he should be bald >:(

Offline MacTavish Boys

• Site Member
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2015, 01:54:31 PM »
Life will never be the same, once you get a Cocker :005: but all in the best possible way  :luv: :luv: I hope Woody enjoyed his 1st Birthday  :bestwishes: :luv:
Stephanie, George and Hamish xxx
George'n' Hamish's Mum

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2015, 01:59:38 PM »
Yep!! all sounds perfectly normal. Happy 1st  Birthday Woody

:birthday:
Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, and Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22 both now at the Bridge.

Offline JackieT

• Ziggy - working cocker
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2015, 08:41:11 PM »
All very similar here too. Would also add that only one of us is able to sit on our sofa at night because half of it now belong to Ziggy and he doesn't like to be squashed.  :005:

Happy first birthday Woody.  :birthday:

Offline MIN

• GEMMA
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2015, 08:53:06 PM »
look on the bright side. at least your cat has not been buried  :005: and you have survived the cocker initiation exams  :005:

happy birthday Woody  :bigarmhug:

Run free and fly high my beautiful Gemma
2011 - 2023 

----

Offline BobnDot

• Donator
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2015, 10:46:14 PM »
Sounds like a perfectly normal cocker spaniel home to me  :005:….Cockers have a wonderful way of turning a normal house into a cocker spaniel home and giving it a nice comfortable 'lived in' look  ;)

Happy birthday Woody  :birthday:  and we hope it'll be the first of many  :luv:

As to cats, our daughter has started bringing her Maine Coon with her when she visits. After some initial confusion (What the  :fear2: is that ! !) our two cockers have decided that Jacques, the cat, has been accorded the status of "Honorary Cocker Spaniel"  :011:

Bob.