Author Topic: 100 Ways for dog to train its human  (Read 1127 times)

Offline Ben's mum

• Donator
100 Ways for dog to train its human
« on: April 20, 2006, 08:48:24 PM »
As anyone seen this book - one hundred ways to train your human?? its brilliant, i couldn't stop laughing - I bet it was written by a cocker owner!

these are my fav 2 bits:
"If you have something that you shouldn't have, do not let go of it.  you will know the importance of the thing you've got by how long your human will chase you for it.
If you are still being chased after 20 mins, assume its very important and private.  at this point drop it in the lap of the eldest child. they usually know which parent to take it to"

"Remember, the sooner your human wakes up, the sooner you can take them for a walk.  humans particualy enjoy getting up early at the weekends so they can make the most of their time off"

:005:  :005: Bens mum

Offline Rachel B

• Site Member
  • Look at me!!!!
Re: 100 Ways for dog to train its human
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2006, 08:54:55 PM »
That sounds hilarious - i'm going to try and track it down :)
Rachel & James and a waggly tail from Mr Barningham

Offline Colin

• Administrator
  • Stevie
    • Jimmy Misty & Stevie Videos
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2006, 09:03:21 PM »

I've not heard of that one but it sounds like a good, fun read.  I can't say that your two quotes apply to Jimmy or Misty though - now they are adults they will easily give up anything they shouldn't have ( but didn't as pups) and they've long since learnt that I'll get up out of bed when I want to and any kind of protestations are futile.  :lol: Having said that, Jimmy is even lazier than me - if for some reason we have to be up early I have to tip him out his bed, he'd happily sleep in until lunchtime.  :shades:

Offline Helen

• helen noakes jewellery
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2006, 09:07:00 PM »
check out the dogs trust website - they sell them - also the other one about 100 uses for muddy paws or similar....

jarvis lives by these books - they are his guides to life ;)
helen & jarvis x

Offline debbie321

• Site Member
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2006, 10:16:11 PM »
I saw this book in a garden centre of all places - I really should have paid for it as I read nearly every page - laughing out loud on occasions as it was all so true - but I put it back :lol:  Might track it down again and keep it - it may help relieve my anger at Ben as nearly every annoying thing he does is in that book ;)

Offline Tracey Jane

• Site Member
  • We're just silly about Milly
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2006, 09:19:31 AM »
My hubby bought me this for Christmas as a pressie from Milly  :luv:

It had me in hysterics - must have definately been a cocker owner that wrote it  :005: