Author Topic: Working Cocker discussion board?  (Read 4125 times)

Offline CHIC

• Site Member
Working Cocker discussion board?
« on: September 20, 2006, 07:49:42 PM »
Can we have a separate Working Cocker discussion board?  For all things Working Cocker   ph34r

Offline cazza

• Site Member
Re: Working Cocker discussion board?
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2006, 07:51:08 PM »
This would be good ;)

Offline lyn

• Site Member
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2006, 08:06:13 PM »
why? working or show,they're still cockers ;)

Offline Cob-Web

• Inactive
  • To err is human, to forgive, canine
    • Walking on Wight Blog
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2006, 08:12:50 PM »

I agree - there are other forums dedicated to dogs which work or compete in the field, just as there are for agility or other activities........  ;)

I'm sure it is hard enough work to maintain COL as it is - expanding it would make it even more so; I for one appreciate everything that admin and the mods do

Enrich your life with an Oldie!
Oldies Club

Offline flozac

• Inactive
  • I must be even madder!!!!
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2006, 08:15:11 PM »
I am saying nothing, I am keeping out of this one ph34r
Nicola,Zac,Jess,Floss,Scout,Ciara and baby Reiver

Offline Kim

• Site Member
    • Molkara Cocker Spaniels
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2006, 08:23:51 PM »

I agree, I'm sure all aspects of Cockers are interesting to all members. whatever we have, it is interesting to hear about different pursuits & activities, even if we don't partake  :D
www.Molkara.co.uk

Save the earth; it's the only planet with chocolate.

Offline *Jay*

• Donator
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2006, 08:31:16 PM »
This is all getting a bit silly ::) Where will it end - a seperate board for solid cockers, one for particolours etc ;) What exactly is it that you wish to discuss that you feel the board cannot cater for?
Dallas ( 10) & Disney ( 9 )

Playing at the Bridge: Brook (13/06/04), Jackson (23/12/05) & Vegas (14/07/10)

Offline sarah25

• Site Member
  • Charbonnel Love'N'It At Oramiss
    • Oramiss Cocker Spaniels
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2006, 08:32:48 PM »
I agree Gill!

Penel

« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2006, 08:35:41 PM »
I agree too.  If you want to discuss "working" your working cocker you'd be better off joining a working dog forum.
If however, you want to talk bout your working cocker pet, then you're probably in the right place as there seem to be loads of working cockers here now.

Offline Annette

• Site Member
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2006, 08:37:02 PM »
I think a separate board will make life much harder for those who own both types!

There isn't all that much difference between them is there, really? I don't see a good reason for a split.

There, that's my vote - but I don't feel so strongly about it that I'd leave if everyone decided to have another board anyway.  ;)

Offline CHIC

• Site Member
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2006, 08:48:05 PM »
Where will it end - a seperate board for solid cockers, one for particolours etc ;) What exactly is it that you wish to discuss that you feel the board cannot cater for?

I am not saying the board doesn't provide a good discussion for working Cockers but it would be much easier to find discussions related to Working Cockers than the  Show Cocker which in my opinion is a different breed of cocker.  ph34r

Offline Helen

• helen noakes jewellery
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2006, 08:49:38 PM »
i don't think we need a separate working cocker board, and i don't think we need a working cocker mod.

i myself love both 'styles' although i am more partial to the workers, and they are all cocker spaniels when all is said and done.

there are forums dedicated to working cockers as penel says - but these are working cockers and not pet working cockers.

am curious as to why you think we should separate shows and workers Chic after being here such a short time  :huh:
helen & jarvis x

Offline Magic Star

• Site Member
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2006, 08:54:20 PM »
This is all getting a bit silly ::) Where will it end - a seperate board for solid cockers, one for particolours etc ;) What exactly is it that you wish to discuss that you feel the board cannot cater for?

I agree, at the end of the day they are all cockers, I don't like the feeling thats been created here its almost amounting to an *us and them* situation :huh:  I love all cockers, I like to read what everyones pet cocker is upto, not just hear about one particluar strain ;)  By having two seperate boards I feel it would certainly be detrimental to COL as a whole  :huh:

Offline PennyB

« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2006, 08:54:37 PM »
i don't think we need a separate working cocker board, and i don't think we need a working cocker mod.

i myself love both 'styles' although i am more partial to the workers, and they are all cocker spaniels when all is said and done.

there are forums dedicated to working cockers as penel says - but these are working cockers and not pet working cockers.

am curious as to why you think we should separate shows and workers Chic after being here such a short time  :huh:

I agree as many of us share similar active/outdoor pursuits with our cockers whatever their parentage
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2006, 08:56:49 PM »
I think it would be divisive and unnecessary to create an extra board purely for owners of Working Cockers. I know we have a Showing board but that's because we have a lot of members actively involved in showing their dogs. If there were more members actively involved in working their dogs, then a board for that activity could certainly be  considered but then again, other forums like NOBS already do this very well ;) When it comes down to it, I assume we are members of COL because we all love Cockers and while we may have preferences for one type over another, that doesn't mean we can't learn from and enjoy all the varied topics covered without having to create a segregated area for owners of one type only. I know I have learned a lot from reading posts from experienced Working Cocker owners and hopefully it works the other way too ;)
Jane