Author Topic: Working Cocker discussion board?  (Read 4127 times)

Penel

Re: Working Cocker discussion board?
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2006, 09:01:00 PM »
I have both types and I spend more than enough time on COL I couldn't possibly join a WCOL too  :lol:

Offline CHIC

• Site Member
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2006, 09:06:43 PM »

am curious as to why you think we should separate shows and workers Chic after being here such a short time  :huh:

Well there is a Working Cocker gallery separate from the Show Cockers.  Just thought it might make more sense to have a Working Cocker discussion separate from Show cockers. 

Offline Colin

• Administrator
  • Stevie
    • Jimmy Misty & Stevie Videos
« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2006, 09:25:44 PM »

am curious as to why you think we should separate shows and workers Chic after being here such a short time  :huh:

Well there is a Working Cocker gallery separate from the Show Cockers.  Just thought it might make more sense to have a Working Cocker discussion separate from Show cockers. 

The separate Working Cocker photo board is relatively new ( as are the separate solid and parti boards) - it was set up primarily as so many people join COL and ask how to tell the difference between Show and Working Cockers - we can now easily point them in the direction of the photo boards.

This forum has existed for almost 5 years with owners of both strains joining in threads together to discuss our Cockers - a form of Cocker aparatheid would be a major backward step in my view, especially as there would be so little to discuss that would be only applicable to Workers.

Offline CHIC

• Site Member
« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2006, 09:33:30 PM »

The separate Working Cocker photo board is relatively new ( as are the separate solid and parti boards) - it was set up primarily as so many people join COL and ask how to tell the difference between Show and Working Cockers - we can now easily point them in the direction of the photo boards.

This forum has existed for almost 5 years with owners of both strains joining in threads together to discuss our Cockers - a form of Cocker aparatheid would be a major backward step in my view, especially as there would be so little to discuss that would be only applicable to Workers.

Cocker aparatheid ....think you are being a bit strong there.   I love all Cocker types as well as Springers n Sprockers. 

I just created the 'Discussion' to see if it would be a good idea to have a Working Cocker Discussion separate from Show Cockers discussion.  Certainly didnt want to start an 'apartheid' tread.

Offline Cob-Web

• Inactive
  • To err is human, to forgive, canine
    • Walking on Wight Blog
« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2006, 09:37:53 PM »
I just created the 'Discussion' to see if it would be a good idea to have a Working Cocker Discussion separate from Show Cockers discussion.  Certainly didnt want to start an 'apartheid' tread.

I'm intrigued - what would be discussed on the working cocker board that is not relevant to show cockers ??

I thought I'd done my research into the two strains, but maybe I'm missing something obvious...... ph34r
Enrich your life with an Oldie!
Oldies Club

Offline miche

• Site Member
    • http://mwcooling.co.uk
« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2006, 09:38:11 PM »
Ooooh no, let's just keep it as it is.  I love to hear about the behaviour and all the pups and everything else that everyone gets up to with their cockers as pets be it working or show and am grateful for all advice I have received from COL - that's what COL is about isn't it? :D
Love Michele, Mikey and Herbiexx

Offline Colin

• Administrator
  • Stevie
    • Jimmy Misty & Stevie Videos
« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2006, 09:38:25 PM »
Apartheid translates as 'apartness' - which is what you were asking for, CHIC .

Offline Helen

• helen noakes jewellery
« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2006, 09:43:03 PM »
Ooooh no, let's just keep it as it is.  I love to hear about the behaviour and all the pups and everything else that everyone gets up to with their cockers as pets be it working or show and am grateful for all advice I have received from COL - that's what COL is about isn't it? :D

well said miche ;)  that is exactly what col should be about
helen & jarvis x

Offline Mich

• Site Member
  • Bailey come back!
« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2006, 09:54:09 PM »
Yup i totally agree too, lets just enjoy our cockers,workers and shows alike for the gorgeous doggies that they are! :luv: :luv:
  Mich, Bailey and Poppy xxxxx

Offline Pammy

• Inactive
« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2006, 10:12:38 PM »
I have just removed the other thread on working cockers as it degenerated into a slanging match. I am also locking this one.

At the end of the day this is a forum for cocker spaniels, show and working whether they are shown or work or pets.

I can't see there being a seperate working cocker discussion board for the reasons already mentioned.
Pam n the boys

Growing old is compulsory growing up is optional