Author Topic: "He's a cocker spaniel" !  (Read 8949 times)

Offline helen1

• Site Member
"He's a cocker spaniel" !
« on: October 23, 2006, 05:58:11 PM »

Im getting really fed up of people stopping us when we walk Bailey and asking if he's a Rottweiler  >:D (or how ever you spell it)  He's a cocker spaniel and a working cocker spaniel at that! :luv:
In the park, at the shop, even on the farm where my daughter keeps her horse, everyone says how much he looks like a Rotty :005:
He is black and tan and seemingly this is unusual.............wasnt aware of it to be honest, just thought he was the cutest little pup I had ever seen when we picked him :D

So if anyone round my end is on here.................He's a cocker ;) and we  :luv: him loads :005:
Loves my family and dog Bailey more than life its self

Offline Helen

• helen noakes jewellery
Re: "He's a cocker spaniel" !
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2006, 06:04:40 PM »
worker round here that is black and tan gets called a tall dachsie, a short dobie, a gordon setter, and a  rotty cross

jarv gets called a short red setter, a german shorthaired pointer, a saluki cross ::) amongst other breeds

you'll get used to it ;)
helen & jarvis x

Offline PennyB

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2006, 06:31:07 PM »
I get asked if mine are actually poodle crosses when their fur gets a bit curly
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!

Offline Joules

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2006, 06:55:19 PM »
Yes, I heard someone saying "Look at that lovely poodle" as we walked past  >:(
Julie and Watson

Offline Sarah.H

• Site Member
  • charlie
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2006, 07:03:52 PM »
I was stood talking to a woman with a daschund a similar colour to charlie, and someome came up and asked if they were related!  :huh:

Millie

Offline Jan/Billy

• Site Member
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2006, 07:09:18 PM »
worker round here that is black and tan gets called a tall dachsie, a short dobie, a gordon setter, and a  rotty cross

Billy has often been mistaken for a gordon setter  ::) I've even had cocker spaniel owners ask me what breed he is!! They say they didn't know you could have B&T cockers!!  ::)

Offline cindere528

• Site Member
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2006, 07:11:29 PM »
Dillon is a blue roan, as was the late Bess.  I always have my dogs clipped very short in the summer and quite regularly children would point to my dogs and say something along the lines of  "Look mummy dalmation puppies!"  :005:

Nelly is black & tan & I sometimes call her my little Rottie  ;)

Offline lyn

• Site Member
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2006, 08:26:24 PM »
paddy is b&t working cocker too.he gets mistaken for all kinds,usually a mongrel :lol:i don't mind when people mistake him for a gordon setter.i love them.
had a major falling out with the gas man who was here to service the boiler a while back.he wouldn't believe there was such a thing as a working cocker.he thought paddy was a springer cross and ellie a springer.when i said no,they are working cockers he replied,oh is that what they call springers now.oooh i wanted to strangle him :005:

Offline CAG

• Site Member
  • my girls, crumpet and hannah, both little tinkers
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2006, 08:33:46 PM »
MY OLD GIRL SOPHIE  USED TO HAVE A LOT OF COAT ON HEAD AND FEET , ONE DAY WE WALKED PAST A CARAVAN ON THE PARK WE KEPT OURS ON AND HEARD " OH LUCK DADDY IT`S A LITTLE LION". :005: :005: :005:

Offline happydog

• Site Member
  • Run free, my Beautiful Bella 2005-2017
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2006, 08:45:55 PM »
he wouldn't believe there was such a thing as a working cocker.he thought paddy was a springer cross and ellie a springer.when i said no,they are working cockers he replied,oh is that what they call springers now.oooh i wanted to strangle him :005:
Nooo Lyn.  He's right you know ;)  :005:. According to a lot of the people round here-

This is Heidi our springer and Fern "her pup" ::) .

It didn't get any easier as we let Heidi's feathers grow and Fern reached the wooly mammoth stage...

People were even more convinced and looked at me very doubtfully when I insist she's a working cocker. I can almost hear them thinking "she's obviously a little touched -I shall have to humour her...."  :005:
happydog

Whatever today brings, ensure that you make some good memories

Offline lyn

• Site Member
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2006, 08:50:19 PM »
he wouldn't believe there was such a thing as a working cocker.he thought paddy was a springer cross and ellie a springer.when i said no,they are working cockers he replied,oh is that what they call springers now.oooh i wanted to strangle him :005:
Nooo Lyn.  He's right you know ;)  :005:. According to a lot of the people round here-

This is Heidi our springer and Fern "her pup" ::) .

It didn't get any easier as we let Heidi's feathers grow and Fern reached the wooly mammoth stage...

People were even more convinced and looked at me very doubtfully when I insist she's a working cocker. I can almost hear them thinking "she's obviously a little touched -I shall have to humour her...."  :005:

:rofl1: :rofl1: :rofl1:

Offline *Jay*

• Donator
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2006, 09:09:29 PM »
I've had the poodle comments and I had someone stop me in the street the other week who thought mine were all cavaliers!! Whats worse was he had 2 cavaliers himself ::)
Dallas ( 10) & Disney ( 9 )

Playing at the Bridge: Brook (13/06/04), Jackson (23/12/05) & Vegas (14/07/10)

Offline lyn

• Site Member
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2006, 09:16:04 PM »
I've had the poodle comments and I had someone stop me in the street the other week who thought mine were all cavaliers!! Whats worse was he had 2 cavaliers himself ::)

i have to admit i can't tell the difference between a working springer and a working cocker and i have 2 working cockers but they seem to be the only 2 in this town.working sprigers really do look like working cockers to me :005:

Offline *Jay*

• Donator
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2006, 09:19:45 PM »
There is this one dog who comes into the vets that we have down as a working springer but I'm convinced its a working cocker. Its blue roan for a start but nobody else believes me  :huh:
Dallas ( 10) & Disney ( 9 )

Playing at the Bridge: Brook (13/06/04), Jackson (23/12/05) & Vegas (14/07/10)

Offline lyn

• Site Member
« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2006, 09:21:48 PM »
oh my,i would just have to put them straight.maybe you should take in a photo of a blue roan working cocker to show them.i would :D