Author Topic: 24 Weeks or 6 Months  (Read 838 times)

Offline MollieMoo

• Site Member
24 Weeks or 6 Months
« on: December 06, 2006, 02:20:20 PM »
I know this seems like a really silly question but...............................

would you say your puppy was 6 months old when it is 24 weeks old, or would you say it was 6 months old when - say Daisy was born on the 24th June, she is 6 months old on the 24th December?

It is just I have got her booked into be spayed tomorrow as she is 6 months old (24 weeks) - it got me thinking about the above ph34r  I don't really want to get her spayed too close to Christmas just in case there are any complications and the vets are shut!

Sorry Daisy, I am feeling really guilty already about what I am going to put you through tomorrow :'(
Kate, Fudge (Orange Roan 11 years)

Mollie (RIP 19/11/20 aged 15 1/2 years old)
Daisy (RIP 14/02/19)

Offline daftcockers

• Site Member
    • http://www.chaysonniecockers.co.uk
Re: 24 Weeks or 6 Months
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2006, 02:24:19 PM »
Shes 6 mths on the 24th December ;)
WWW.CHAYSONNIECOCKERS.CO.UK

Thanks susan and the gang

Offline cazza

• Site Member
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2006, 02:27:20 PM »
Personally I would say 6 months on the 24th Dec.

I will be feeling guilty too in March, as Fern has just started her first season and she will be going in for the op then.

Good luck for tomorrow hope you have something planned to keep you busy whilst Daisy is at the vets ;)

Offline dood

• Site Member
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2006, 09:16:15 PM »
It's as bad as with babies - first you start with weeks, then somehow make a progression to 'real time' months, then after 18 months you tend to move on to years - 'I suppose it's because they all make so much progress in such a little space of time.

Sam and Poppy xxx

Offline michelle123

• Site Member
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2006, 10:05:44 PM »
I agree with dood.  Generally with children once you get past the 12 weeks stage you move onto months, its much easier especially as you are sooooo tired its easier to keep track of months  :005:

Offline sarah25

• Site Member
  • Charbonnel Love'N'It At Oramiss
    • Oramiss Cocker Spaniels
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2006, 08:27:07 AM »
I would also say 6 months

Offline MollieMoo

• Site Member
Re: 24 Weeks or 6 Months - Daisy being spayed today
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2006, 12:57:21 PM »
I rang the vets yesterday and they said it was ok if she was either 24 weeks/6 months old for having her spayed.  The couple of weeks doesn't really make any difference

I dropped little Daisy off at the vets this morning and she was so happy to see all the people their and her little tail was wagging ten to the dozen.  She sat lovely on the scales whilst they weighted her. :angel:

I have got to ring them soon to see how she is, and they will let me know what time I can pick her up.

I also popped to the charity shop on the way home and bought a couple of children's t-shirts so they will hopefully stop her getting too her wound.  Every time I have tried the plastic collars, it has always been such a big trauma, so on the advice of other COL-ers I am trying their idea!  Let's hope Daisy likes the idea of getting 'dressed up'!

Looking forward to giving her loads of cuddles when I bring her home......
Kate, Fudge (Orange Roan 11 years)

Mollie (RIP 19/11/20 aged 15 1/2 years old)
Daisy (RIP 14/02/19)