Author Topic: Zorro got run over by a cyclist (but he's fine)  (Read 4751 times)

Offline Joelf

• Site Member
Re: Zorro got run over by a cyclist (but he's fine)
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2007, 02:59:59 PM »
Poor Zorro; I'm glad he's okay & it wasn't any worse,Claire. :D
Jo, Domino (cocker) & Spike (black lab.)

Offline Joules

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2007, 03:13:11 PM »
Hope Zorro is OK Claire.  I would give him some Arnica for the bruising though - it is magic!  :D  Coco was run over by a kid on a bike which went over her back legs.  She did squeal but then got off and ran off to play again  ::)  I think she is made of rubber!  :005:
Julie and Watson

Offline Helen

• helen noakes jewellery
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2007, 03:14:37 PM »
awwwww zorro....is someone trying to tell you you've got large lugs ? (they are booootiful lugs :luv: :luv:)  fancy running over your ear!

glad it wasn't worse claire, must have given all of you a fright

the only bike 'tail' i have was the working cocker and gamekeeper i met at crufts ....his dog had quite a short dock for a worker, and it was because the dogs tail had been caught in the spokes of a bike when she was a puppy (now that is a freak accident!)  :o  am so relieved zorro's gorgeous flag was nowhere in striking distance ;)
helen & jarvis x

Offline CarolineL

• Site Member
« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2007, 03:17:51 PM »
Glad to hear Zorro is ok - bella certainly sounds like she gave the cyclist what for  :005:
Caroline, Hurley the cocker, Jasper Cat and Little Mo xxxxx

"My name's not Hurley, it's Hugo Reyes. Hurley's just a nickname I have. Why?.... I'm not telling..."

Offline Nicola

• FTCh Caoimhe
« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2007, 05:15:34 PM »
Aww poor little Zorro  :'(  I'm glad he's ok though.

We meet a lot of cyclists on one of our walks and some of them are nice but others are very arrogant and will tut-tut loudly if you don't 'get your dogs out of their way' quickly enough. I think some of them actually would run you over rather than slow down  >:(
Nicola, Tilly, Rodaidh and Caoimhe x

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30049807@N08/

Offline Waggy One

• Site Member
  • Beau
« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2007, 06:30:39 PM »
Poor Zorro  :luv: hope there's no lasting effects.  Nicely done Bella, what would Zorro do without a big sister like you to fight his corner  :luv:
Becs', Beau & Cookie xxx

Offline sarahp

• Site Member
« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2007, 06:51:09 PM »
Oh poor little man - I'd squeek too  :005:  Get some arnica into him if you can it'll help with any bruising or swelling. 

We have a similar thing in our local park and Daisy got hit in the side by a bike not long after we had her - she's never been the same about bikes since.  With lots of watch me's they can pass without incident - but if I dont spot them first she has to go and have a go at them  ::)

It did make me laugh - your description of Bella sticking up for Zorro - if that was going on in this house Daisy'd be cheering whoever was haslling Dillbert  :lol: :luv:
Sarah & The Roan Rangers - Daisy Dog & Dill Boy

The average dog has one request to all humankind. Love me

Offline chelsea

• Site Member
    • http://www.quintaviacockerspaniels.co.uk
« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2007, 07:16:17 PM »
Poor Zorro! :embarassed: Glad to hear he's okay though! ;)

Daddy sends his kisses to make it all better! :P

Offline Cob-Web

• Inactive
  • To err is human, to forgive, canine
    • Walking on Wight Blog
« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2007, 07:29:59 PM »
Poor chap -  I hope he is none the worse for his experience  ph34r

I'm probably in the minority here, but if I walk along dedicated cycle paths, I tend to assume that the cyclist has priority, and keep Molo close by or leashed  ph34r

There are a number shared foot/cycle/bridle paths that I use - but it is clearly signposted on all of them that dogs must be kept under control. It is a subject of heated local debate amongst the various users; there are vociferous representatives of each group that believe that they should have priority over the others  :005:
Enrich your life with an Oldie!
Oldies Club

Offline suzysu

• Site Member
« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2007, 07:34:46 PM »
aww poor little Zorro  :'(..give him a hug from us.  Well done brave Bella  ;)
Sue, Georgie n Daisy x
   "I luv my girls"

Offline PennyB

« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2007, 08:40:38 PM »
Poor chap -  I hope he is none the worse for his experience  ph34r

I'm probably in the minority here, but if I walk along dedicated cycle paths, I tend to assume that the cyclist has priority, and keep Molo close by or leashed  ph34r

There are a number shared foot/cycle/bridle paths that I use - but it is clearly signposted on all of them that dogs must be kept under control. It is a subject of heated local debate amongst the various users; there are vociferous representatives of each group that believe that they should have priority over the others  :005:

Tell me about it --- ever since the council tarmacced our foot path the cyclists have turned it into a velodrome and go at really high speeds. I freak out just walking along them without the dogs as a lot of them with just move round you at the very last minute and no indication they're there. At the end of the day the path is unsafe for any user other than cyclists --- one even hit a child one day and had no remorse for doing so. I really think they should request cyclists go slowly in certain areas --- the rest of the trail is wider and suitable fo reveryone. Mind you I perfected their recall on dedicated cycle paths as I kept having to get them to come over and sit for a treat while bikes went by.

Pleased Zorro's OK.

Sarah, Dill had an incident shortly after he came to me, on a footpath where it says 'no cyclists' with symbol --- path I was on was a foot and a half wide, with a steep wooded slope at one side. I asked cyclist to stop when I saw him bearing down on us yet he went straight through us sending Wilf and Dill scurrying away scared out their wits and because the cyclist was still now chasing them I was worried Dill would get lost. I forced him to stop and wait while I caught the dogs.

Wilf ran into a speeding bike on Monday --- thankfully he bounced off the wheel and was unhurt but left me standing there in shock as to what I'd just seen.
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!

Offline debbie321

• Site Member
« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2007, 09:53:21 PM »
 >:D >:D >:D cyclists!  I meet a few on my afternoon walks with Ben - not many as although it's a pretty walk, it goes nowhere and you have to come back again!  If I spot one or hear one on the gravel then I call Ben to wait ............... but many a time they come speeding up with no thought of walkers or dogs.  What happened to good old bells that you could ring when approaching someone or rounding a blind bend?  If bells are old fashioned what about a digital sound, state of the art thingy, ring tune ................. whatever - to let us know they are coming  :huh:

On the plus side - if a jogger or cyclist is spotted I'll get Ben to wait while tempting him with a treat ............................. 1/10 will say thanks!

Offline *jean*

• Donator
  • who need s pills when you have pals ?
« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2007, 09:58:12 PM »
Ive jumped out of my skin (no mean feat ) twice this week with joggers coming up behind me . I just dont hear them until they are upon me and they have earphones in as they run and I just know they are having a laugh at my expense as I have my heart attack. then I get the last laugh as my lot jog alongside( til I call them back!) fairs fair a shouted hello as they come up behind me wouldnt kill them. their footsteps must be deadened in the old leafmould....I just saw this big shadow looming up from behind me... :o.

Offline jools

• Site Member
« Reply #28 on: March 28, 2007, 09:58:23 PM »
Poor wee lad. Glad he's OK
With love from Julie, Bramble Poppy and Coco xxx

Offline CraftySam

• Site Member
  • Max, Morgan, Sapphi
« Reply #29 on: March 28, 2007, 11:41:29 PM »
Poor lad, I'm relieve to hear he's Ok though I'm sure he'll be a bit sore for a few days.

Bless Bella springing to his defense.  :luv:
Sam is mum to - Sapphi (working black Lab 5 1/2 yrs), Max (Golden Retriever 4 yrs) Morgan (American Cocker 2 1/2yrs) and mum in spirit to Barney (English Cocker 3 1/2 yrs now living in Scotland)