Author Topic: Zorro got run over by a cyclist (but he's fine)  (Read 4752 times)

Offline Cob-Web

• Inactive
  • To err is human, to forgive, canine
    • Walking on Wight Blog
Re: Zorro got run over by a cyclist (but he's fine)
« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2007, 06:46:03 AM »
On the plus side - if a jogger or cyclist is spotted I'll get Ben to wait while tempting him with a treat ............................. 1/10 will say thanks!

I do this with Molo, but have always been thanked - and regularly complimented on his behaviour  :D
Enrich your life with an Oldie!
Oldies Club

Offline Gpalin

• Site Member
  • My Baby Floyd
« Reply #31 on: March 29, 2007, 08:04:32 AM »
Go on Bella girl power yeah  :D poor Zorro bless him, people like that really annoy me, but so glad Bella stuck up for her big bro.  :D Hope Zorro is ok  :-\
Gemma,gorgeous Floyd and cutey Charlie xxxxxxx
www.myspaniel.co.uk
'without a doggy in my world, life would be boring'

Offline sarahp

• Site Member
« Reply #32 on: March 29, 2007, 08:27:33 AM »

Sarah, Dill had an incident shortly after he came to me, on a footpath where it says 'no cyclists' with symbol --- path I was on was a foot and a half wide, with a steep wooded slope at one side. I asked cyclist to stop when I saw him bearing down on us yet he went straight through us sending Wilf and Dill scurrying away scared out their wits and because the cyclist was still now chasing them I was worried Dill would get lost.

Yes I remember you posting about it at the time.  It was just after I had expressed an interest in The Dill Man and remember thinking 'Oh great - two with 'bike issues''  ::) :lol:  Thankfully he couldnt care less about bikes unless he see's Daisy having a go - then he joins in for solidarity reasons (for solidarity read - good excuse to have a bark  ;) :lol:)
Sarah & The Roan Rangers - Daisy Dog & Dill Boy

The average dog has one request to all humankind. Love me

Offline clairep4

• Site Member
  • The Two Muppeteers!
    • Chow Bella Pet Bowls
« Reply #33 on: March 29, 2007, 09:34:36 AM »
Well Zorro seems fine, slightly quieter this morning than usual so I suspect he's just a bit stiff but he's fine in himself.

In the park where he was hit, some of the paths are designated cycle paths (bikes one side, people the other) but there's a path which goes parallel to the river which is not a cycle path and that's where he was hit. I do always call them back to me if I see a cyclist coming as they do go so fast but the guy that hit Zorro came from around a corner with no warning - it's a quite wide bit of path there as well so I think it's just unfortunate that Zorro happened to turn round just at the moment the bike was going past!

That story about the dog's tail getting caught in the spokes is horrible  ph34r Zorro actually curled up hedgehog style as soon as he was hit so kept most things out of the way but I was so worried for a moment that the back wheel would go over his whole body, it's only luck that he rolled to one side so it just got his leg.  ph34r

Didn't see any cyclists this morning, thankfully...  :shades:
Claire, Bella & Zorro - the two muppeteers!
Tellington TTouch Practitioner P1
www.tellingtontouch.org.uk

Offline Lumi

• Site Member
« Reply #34 on: March 29, 2007, 09:54:38 AM »
Cycle paths are more trouble than worth imo. I had an argument with someone on a pavement the other day and she was adamant she was in the right, saying the council had turned pavements into cycle paths. I told her I did not believe it and it wasn't till I got further down the road I realised she meant those split paths as there was one round the corner but she was under the impression ALL pavements are like that now.  ::)
People can't think for themselves anymore and certainly don't think about other people enough.  >:D

Glad Zorro's not too shaken (I love it when one dog stands up for another  :angel:). Not sure I'd like to have my ear run over by a cyclist.  :-\

Penel

« Reply #35 on: March 29, 2007, 10:26:17 AM »
Where we walk the cyclists have to share with the horses on bridle paths  :005: they deserve each other, and I wish they would all flipping well stick to the bridle paths  >:(
I am really pleased to read that Zorro is ok Claire, poot lad must have been so shocked  :o

Offline clairep4

• Site Member
  • The Two Muppeteers!
    • Chow Bella Pet Bowls
« Reply #36 on: March 29, 2007, 11:07:49 AM »
Where we walk the cyclists have to share with the horses on bridle paths  :005: they deserve each other, and I wish they would all flipping well stick to the bridle paths  >:(
I am really pleased to read that Zorro is ok Claire, poot lad must have been so shocked  :o

Thanks Penel - he squealed when first hit but once he was under the bike he then growled at the guy (whilst curled up in a little ball) - he does think very highly of himself so he must've been thinking "how VERY dare you knock me over you silly man?!"  :lol: Bella obviously thought the same, being cockers they are of course royalty in their little noddles...  :005:

Offline Helen

• helen noakes jewellery
« Reply #37 on: March 29, 2007, 11:09:45 AM »

Thanks Penel - he squealed when first hit but once he was under the bike he then growled at the guy (whilst curled up in a little ball) - he does think very highly of himself so he must've been thinking "how VERY dare you knock me over you silly man?!"  :lol: Bella obviously thought the same, being cockers they are of course royalty in their little noddles...  :005:

well we know they are royalty :luv:

his highness, prince zorro of muppeteerland has a luvverlee ring to it :luv: :luv: :luv:
helen & jarvis x

Offline clairep4

• Site Member
  • The Two Muppeteers!
    • Chow Bella Pet Bowls
« Reply #38 on: March 29, 2007, 11:19:20 AM »

well we know they are royalty :luv:

his highness, prince zorro of muppeteerland has a luvverlee ring to it :luv: :luv: :luv:

God, don't tell HIM that, we have trouble enough as it is with him thinking too highly of himself!  :lol: :lol: If you make a fuss of him before Bella (which is always the way) he stands there doing his most outraged "woowoowoo that's so unfair don't you know who I am?!" at you, he cannot BELIEVE that she is getting a fuss before him...  ::) :lol:

Offline scooby's mum

• Site Member
  • Scooby & Misty's Mum
« Reply #39 on: March 30, 2007, 09:38:19 AM »
Poor Zorro - glad he's OK though  ;)

My little boy ploughed into Scooby on his bike in the garden when he was a pup and Scooby wouldn't go near bikes for months - he would run away and hide every time the bikes came out of the garage  ::)

However, he soon got over it and often runs beside us all on our bikes so it's not damaged him for life, thank goodness  :005:

Misty is absolutely petrified of prams, she just won't walk past one  :lol:

Love Joanne, Misty & Scooby

Offline dorrit

• Site Member
  • Little Ollie and Little Nell
« Reply #40 on: March 30, 2007, 06:39:13 PM »
I hope Zorro's `ok! My ethel was run over by a speeding cyclist, going far too fast, in a build up predestrian area. He hit her full-on at quite a speed, but thankfully she was unhurt, though the same can't be said for the bike and cyclist! The bike was a complete wreck, with a very mangled front wheel and the cyclist was cut and grazed from being thrown from the bike. Ethel, just continued to trot along as if nothing had happened, after the initial shock. Cyclist should be more careful! :police: