Author Topic: Zorro my hero!  (Read 2208 times)

Offline clairep4

• Site Member
  • The Two Muppeteers!
    • Chow Bella Pet Bowls
Zorro my hero!
« on: November 05, 2007, 03:11:46 PM »
On Saturday I was feeling really stressed out and I ended up sitting on the sofa bursting into tears. I'd just got in so the dogs were all excitable but Zorro was amazing, he quickly worked out something was up and he came and stood on my lap, absolutely still (which is unheard of for him, his nickname is Sir Bouncealot!), and leant into me so that I was literally crying on his shoulder. Every now and then he turned his head and licked the tears off my face really, really gently with this really concerned look on his face. He was just incredible, so gentle and such a little rock  :luv:.

Bella's not like that at all (she went and sat on the other sofa and went to sleep, she can't be doing with people crying  ::)) but Zorro is just great, I know at other times when I've been close to tears he's been the same, just sits by you and goes really still and quiet while you need his support, and then the next moment he's back to Mister Loonytunes  :lol:.

What are your dogs like when you're upset?
Claire, Bella & Zorro - the two muppeteers!
Tellington TTouch Practitioner P1
www.tellingtontouch.org.uk

Cazzie

Re: Zorro my hero!
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2007, 03:21:05 PM »
Aww poor you  :luv: Mine get all worried and concerned when I get upset, Goose is the most concerned and will snuggle right up to me. When I first go him at 7months old I was still grieving for his brother and he would lick my tears and I would cuddle him for ages, I think this is why he does get the most concerned  :angel: Hope you feeling perked up now  :blink:

Offline Claire83

• Site Member
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2007, 03:26:50 PM »
Aw Claire i'm sorry to hear you were upset.....I haven't has a situation like that yet with Roxy but i do remember 'Bernie' our last cocker used to sit by your feet if you were upset and rest her chin on your knee.
It's lovely that he ws there for you and i truely believe that they know 100% when you are upset. What a good boy Zorro!  :luv:
The cocker spaniel.........It will leave paw prints on your heart which will remain with you, Forever!
'Roxy' (Stellenbosch Demeter)14.06.07-01.10.19 - Forever loved & missed. xoxo
'Milo' (Laurellakes Viktor Rolf) 01.12.2020-

Offline louis mum

• Donator
  • Little Lenny
    • Darvieux Cocker Spaniels
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2007, 05:04:55 PM »
My Louis used to do that too. :'( Its a lovely feeling isnt it. :luv: The boys defo give the best cuddles when it is needed most.

Hope you feel a bit better now. I know you will, I always did when Lou used to do it.  :luv:

Offline Annette

• Site Member
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2007, 05:30:20 PM »
Hope you are feeling better now, Hon.

No...Buddy is an insensitive, selfish bu&&er. He would have (and has)  just bounced around demanding attention or food as usual. >:(

Offline Joules

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2007, 05:33:55 PM »
What a little star  :luv: :luv: 

I was quite upset last week when Coco and I were out on our walk and on the way back we sat on our usual bench together.  Coco put her chin on my arm for a few moments and then reached up and licked my tears away  :luv: :luv:  I was quite surprised actually but she was such a little  :angel: - made me feel much better.  :D

Sorry you were upset Claire - hope you are feeling better now too  ;)  :-*
Julie and Watson

Offline LouiseAS

• Inactive
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2007, 06:07:09 PM »
Ahh Zorro, how lovely you are to your mummy  :luv:

Meg is really good when I'm upset she sits quietly on my lap and keeps Jakey away who is totally unaware of emotions at all (or at least pretends to be  >:(
Louise & my beautiful girl Meg xx

Offline suzysu

• Site Member
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2007, 06:16:01 PM »
Awww what a lovely boy  :luv: ..well done Zorro  ;)  My Daisy is like that too  :D but Georgie wouldnt even notice  :005:

So sorry you were upset Claire (((hug)))...hope you are feeling better now x
Sue, Georgie n Daisy x
   "I luv my girls"

Offline clairep4

• Site Member
  • The Two Muppeteers!
    • Chow Bella Pet Bowls
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2007, 11:09:47 AM »
I'm fine now, it was one of those storm in a teacup moments I think, but Zorro's been sticking close just to make sure.

Joules - sorry to hear you were upset as well, good on Coco for giving her mum lots of TLC, what a little poppet.  :luv:
Claire, Bella & Zorro - the two muppeteers!
Tellington TTouch Practitioner P1
www.tellingtontouch.org.uk

Offline Boof

• Site Member
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2007, 11:33:04 AM »
Well done Zorro, what a clever boy. Glad to hear you're feeling better now also.  :luv:

Offline Linz13

• Site Member
  • To understand a cocker, you need to be a cocker!
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2007, 12:37:34 PM »
Glad you are feeling better, and what a little star Zorro is.

Murphy is eactly the same, he comes up and puts his front paws on my legs, and puts his head against my shoulder - a great big cocker cuddle  :luv:  They are magic!
Linz, Murphy & Maddi x

Offline helen1

• Site Member
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2007, 12:38:16 PM »
Bailey was a great comfort to me a few weeks ago when I got a bit tearfull, he just sat and tilted his head and sort of wailed softly at me and kept cuddling up to me at the same time, he didnt leave my side all afternoon. :luv:
Loves my family and dog Bailey more than life its self

Offline *Theresa*

• Donator
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2007, 01:52:24 PM »
Gee there must have been something in the air on Sat as I had a wee blub on the couch in the afternoon over nothing much. Glen and Sally bounced around on the couch washing my face for me and then just sat and cuddled into me. It was lovely  :luv:

Aren't we lucky to have such wonderful dogs  :luv:
Theresa, Dave, Glen and Sally (or their aliases Gwendoline and Scallywag)