Author Topic: Not had a night like it since I was a young Mum!  (Read 1386 times)

Offline SkyeSue

• Inactive
Not had a night like it since I was a young Mum!
« on: December 14, 2008, 11:56:41 AM »
Chloe was sick before we went to bed last night...didn't think too much of it, but all night long I could hear her tummy gurning and 3 times she starting wretching but didn't bring anything up. She looked really sorry for herself around 6am and I was on the point of logging on in the desperate hope someone would be around to advise me!. But surprise, surprise...by 9am she's as bright as a button; charging around the place with my slippers and ate a hearty breakfast. I'm completely done in..don't think I slept hardly at all. She is hassling me for a walk, and I just want to curl up and go to sleep  >:D Don't they worry you sometimes...it really IS like having a baby!!! (I've also got a hang over.. >:D)

Sue and Chloe, happy girls on the Isle of Skye

Offline louis mum

• Donator
  • Little Lenny
    • Darvieux Cocker Spaniels
Re: Not had a night like it since I was a young Mum!
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2008, 12:02:39 PM »
Aww poor Chloe.  :luv: Alfie did that the night before last, I put it down to too many chicken wings  ph34r Nanna bought him lots and fed him lots  ::)

Glad she is ok now.  :luv:

Offline cazza

• Site Member
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2008, 12:07:41 PM »
Glad she is ok now  :luv:

yes they don't half worry you at times  :shades: I've stayed up on numerous nights because of a dog not being right

Offline Magic Star

• Site Member
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2008, 11:30:39 PM »
Glad shes ok now Sue, hope you have recovered now :D

Offline waggytails

• Millie and Hattie
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2008, 06:17:18 PM »
I too have spent many a night like that, most recent on a camp bed in the living room when Millie was poorly.
Mum to Hattie and Darcy

(Millie now forever playing on the beach,  RIP 06/03/2010)

Offline Mundyboy

« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2008, 06:38:35 PM »
Chloe was sick before we went to bed last night...didn't think too much of it, but all night long I could hear her tummy gurning and 3 times she starting wretching but didn't bring anything up. She looked really sorry for herself around 6am and I was on the point of logging on in the desperate hope someone would be around to advise me!. But surprise, surprise...by 9am she's as bright as a button; charging around the place with my slippers and ate a hearty breakfast. I'm completely done in..don't think I slept hardly at all. She is hassling me for a walk, and I just want to curl up and go to sleep  >:D Don't they worry you sometimes...it really IS like having a baby!!! (I've also got a hang over.. >:D)

Pleased Chole is OK.  It is so worrying when they do something out of character.  Jenni eats anything and everything (and I mean anything  >:D) on our walks and often I hear her belly turning over during the night but she seems to come thro' it OK.  (I have been told that as rejected breeder that sort of stuff may have been her staple diet)!!!

Last Saturday my mother had a turn and was admitted into the County Hospital.  At 2.00am I had a call to go and collect her.  I left the guys with a light on and Classic FM playing and did not climb back into bed until 4.30am.  At 7.00 there were 2 very bright spaniels looking for breakfast, cup of tea, walk and chew.  Like you I felt like guano.   :-*  (As for the hang-over thing - I can not remeber life without one of them so I can not advise you).   :-*
I love my dogs.  They make it worth getting out of bed in the morning.