Author Topic: Nasty...Seaweed  (Read 1194 times)

Offline Lauramutt

Nasty...Seaweed
« on: December 02, 2009, 11:03:21 AM »
Hi All,

Yesterday I walked with my friend & her two cocker's on the Beach in Kent. We have done this walk many times!
Rosie, Faye & Dougal had eaten some seaweed >:D...when we got back to my friend's house we gave the dogs a biscuit each for lunch.
15minutes later Rosie was sick & had diarrhoea (she has pancreatic insufficiency) also sailverlating badly drool everywhere :embarassed:
Dougal was vomiting as I went home. As I was sorting out the car, as Rosie was still vomiting, got indoors & Faye started!
Phoned the vet because of Rosie's underline problem, took her for blood tests because of the salt intake. Don't know how much seaweed they had eaten >:D as it was gone before I could get it out of their mouths :005: luckly she was ok ;)
Faye was still vomiting when I got back from the vets (until 9.30pm)....so no food last night, they looked to ill to eat anyway :'(
Today, given them a little breakfast & they have been sleeping all morning.
Have any of you had a problem with Seaweed?

Julie, Faye :luv:& Rosie :luv:

Offline *Jay*

• Donator
Re: Nasty...Seaweed
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2009, 12:19:27 PM »
Awww poor babies - hope they all feel better soon  :luv:

None of mine have ever eaten seaweed but they do occasionally like to carry it  ::)
Dallas ( 10) & Disney ( 9 )

Playing at the Bridge: Brook (13/06/04), Jackson (23/12/05) & Vegas (14/07/10)

Offline mcphee

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2009, 12:34:48 PM »
How scary. I suppose it could have been contaminated. Rufus has never tried to eat it so Ihave no experience. Hope all are recovering ok.

Offline waggytails

• Millie and Hattie
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2009, 02:53:49 PM »
Sorry no experience of eating seaweed but Hattie licked a jelly fish with much the same results except no diarrhoea just sand poo.
Mum to Hattie and Darcy

(Millie now forever playing on the beach,  RIP 06/03/2010)

Offline Lauramutt

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2009, 04:16:51 PM »
Luckily all 3 cocker's are much better :D Thanks.
They have just had a little walk, as they were very sleepy this morning & I will feed them soon :P

Julie, Faye :luv: & Rosie :luv:

Offline scott0904

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2009, 07:34:08 AM »
oh the seaweed  :lol2: i remember a few years back i had went fishing with my pals and took my wee jack russell called pepsi i dont know what was so tasty about the seaweed but it made her ill and she was sick alot and that was the last time i took her fishing poor wee soul