Author Topic: Do you take your dog to work???  (Read 2107 times)

Offline MollieMoo

• Site Member
Re: Do you take your dog to work???
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2009, 01:04:17 PM »
I work from home above the garage in the garden for the family building firm, so Mollie and Daisy follow me down to the office every day.  Daisy loves to sleep under the desk in her bed, but she does enjoy jumping onto the swivel chairs and going round and round until it stops :005:  Mollie on the other hand is a busy little girl, she likes to play ball (or apples if they have fallen off the tree in the garden) so she keeps putting the ball under my chair by my feet or on the shelves by my desk and then wants me to throw it down the stairs or into the back office, she is like this all day so sometimes it is hard to concerntrate.  They are both very lucky dogs, and I am also very lucky to be able to spend so much time with my lovely girls ;)
Kate, Fudge (Orange Roan 11 years)

Mollie (RIP 19/11/20 aged 15 1/2 years old)
Daisy (RIP 14/02/19)

Offline aliceandlouis

« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2009, 05:14:40 PM »
I used to run a bereavement service at a local hospice and my old chap, Harvey, came to work with me.  The matron was (and still is) a very enlightened employer who was absolutely fine with it and thank goodness my co-office sharers thought he was lovely.  Having him with me was brilliant because I would have to take him out for a long walk each lunch-time (welly boots and towels in the back of the car!) and it gave me a wonderful opportunity to have some down-time from the job, which you can appreciate was quite demanding at times.  To get back to my office I had to pass the Daycare Centre and more often than not Harvey and I would be beckoned in to meet one or more of the patients - he was a marvellous vehicle for reminiscence work (cockers having been especially popular when many of the patients were children) and seemed to have an instinctive awareness of the frailty of the patients, intuitively avoiding tender or painful limbs, and being prepared to put up with any amount of stroking!  The only restriction was that he was not allowed to go into the staff dining room or anywhere near where food was prepared/served.

Offline Potter

• Site Member
« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2009, 05:21:45 PM »
Daisy comes to work with me every day, as it is a family manufacturing business, and I have my own office with her bed under my desk.  We are set in 3 acres of grassland, so lots of runs and training throughout the day.   When others have their coffee and tea breaks, we are to be found in "Daisy's Meadow" leaping over agility frames and weaving in and out of cones! 

When she first came at 8 weeks old, I had a crate in my office, but we had previously "puppy proofed" the room, and so she made a gradual progression from crate to her bed under my desk.

We have a few visitors, but the business is rural sports, so lots of visitors bring dogs and they enjoy a nice run together in "Daisy's Meadow".  Daisy likes doggy visitors!!

I think Daisy and I are very, very lucky and I appreciate this every single day.   :blink:

Kay and Daisy

Offline *Jay*

• Donator
« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2009, 05:50:01 PM »
Mine came with me when I worked at the vets and stayed in the office with me. Every time the door opened, Vegas would be up at the counter to see who it was and to get a fuss made of him  ::) :lol2:
Dallas ( 10) & Disney ( 9 )

Playing at the Bridge: Brook (13/06/04), Jackson (23/12/05) & Vegas (14/07/10)

Offline Harveypops

• Donator
  • owned by Harvey and my honery cocker Flea
« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2009, 05:50:36 PM »
Yup, all my lot all come to work everyday. Some days we have 6 in our little offices! Me and OH have our own business that is doggie orientated and sometimes the dogs are involved in demos, little photoshoots etc. Any doggie treats that get sent to us go through strict quality control  :005:

There is a large field out the front which they go on for there lunchtime walk. Sometimes we're joined by the two farm dogs which is a bit chaotic!!  :005:

Heres Rio 'hard at work'  :005:

At the field

Holly I'm intrigued. What sort of business are you in? I'd love a career change and would love to something doggie orientated.

I would love to take Harvey with me, but I don't think it would meet hygeine standards  ph34r ph34r
I do have a ridiculous number of pictures in my room of him and he does occasionally meet me after work  :D

Offline woodlander

« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2009, 12:33:00 PM »
Yep.  I am forturnate in that its a family business and Sweep does not come in everyday but here's a snapshot of our/Sweep's routine  :005:

8.30am Arrive office.  Say good morning to everyone or if they're not there inspect their desk or usually under it for any good stuff to chew - paperclips, gloves etc. >:D

8.45  Go to my office.  Make sure toys are all in the same place that I left them. Inspect basket under desk.  Ensure office junior (mum) fills my water bowl.

9.00  Eye-ball Mum for my first office walkies of the day.  Quick pee outside then back in for a treat.  Settle down for first morning nap.

10am  Downstairs to sort the post out.  I keep lookout while mum does the hard stuff.  Then back upstairs to open post.  Distribute post to relevant staff -further sniffs under desks - who has opened their sandwiches/crisps etc.already  :shades:

10.30am Second morning nap

11.00am  Main morning walkies.  Usually manage to find something to pick up/chew.  Mum gets really cross HEE HEE and she has to give me a treat. Back to my office for Dentastix - a girl has to keep her teeth in tip top condition

11.30am   Third morning nap.  Its tough being an executive

12.45  Lunch time - off to the beach for walkies.  Then mum usually takes me home (I only do part time you know)  when dad comes back and then I spend the afternoon with him at home :005: :005:

Its a dogs life :005: :005:

Offline ClareB

• Site Member
« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2009, 06:59:53 PM »
I work for a small company and the boss has several dogs that come to work with him and he's always been happy for staff to bring their own dogs in.  On a good day there'll be about 9 dogs.  Fortunately, they all get on really well. 

Milo spends all day pottering around and visiting other staff members for games and cuddles, and Mocha spends most of the day asleep.   ::)  They get a walk before and after work and my lunch break is spent walking them too. 
Clare, Milo & Mocha