Author Topic: 1 dog or 2?  (Read 3093 times)

Offline Geordietyke

• Donator
Re: 1 dog or 2?
« Reply #30 on: March 13, 2010, 10:47:55 PM »
Thanks to everyone for your replies.  ;)  I have enjoyed reading about all your families.  Odie is much more settled now.  He still poos in his pen whenever I leave him (even for 5 mins!) so I've devised a cunning plan.  I leave him in his pen a few mins before I need to go out.  He provides his 'present'.  I clean up then can hopefully go out and on my return there normally isn't anything to clean up!  Sneaky eh?  :005:  He is now sleeping all night (good I think for nearly 11 weeks old) and I'm trying leaving the room every time he play bites too hard (yes I spent most of the day out of the room at the minute  :005:).  I'm hoping that he'll get better with the biting as he matures.  Counting the days when we are allowed out which will definitely help (2nd jab this Monday).  Then he can meet my mam's whippet.... Cheers!  :D
Both taken away from us far too soon. x  RIP Angels Odie & Archie, causing mayhem at the Rainbow, no doubt!

Offline black taz

Re: 1 dog or 2?
« Reply #31 on: March 16, 2010, 12:32:01 PM »
I have two dogs, Taz is a 2 year old cocker, and a 18 week old lab (Kira).  I had an 11 year old collie cross when i got Taz (she died in January) and although there was a big age difference they got on really well.  Kelly almost took on the grandmother role and taught him how to behave in the house.  Having the two young ones now there is a completely different dynamic, they play together and i manage to train them together (and individually).  I couldnt cope with two pups together though - my parents bring their 18 week old border collie on a thursday evening, and it would drive me mad to have them together full time :luv: