Author Topic: Cockers with other Spaniels  (Read 3313 times)

Offline black taz

Re: Cockers with other Spaniels
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2010, 06:24:38 PM »
my friend has a cocker & springer and doesnt appear to have any problems - they have a border collie thrown in the mix as well.

I have only come across two grumpy spaniels, but then again i have come across a couple of grumpy cockers as well :005:

Offline Hurtwood Dogs

• Donator
  • Little Lionheart
« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2010, 06:25:30 PM »
Agree it's down to individual dogs rather than breed type ;) Dave gets on fine with my friends springer but another owned by a dog walker doesn't really like Dave - but he's an entire (very male) male and Dave loves women so that might be the problem  :lol2:

Cockers mix with other breeds very very well in my experience (as do most dogs) and as you know I have a Weim and a cocker who are chalk and cheese but rub along together so so well...  :luv: For me the key is probably energy levels and similar interests with my two... they both love hunting, and both love going flat out so despite their massive size differences, attention spans and preferred different methods of handling (Dave likes excitement, fun and expectation Normy likes it calm and controlled :P) walking them together is always brilliant fun :luv:

Hannah, Dave & Normy xx

Trev 2001-07 soul dog, always in my heart and dreams x

Offline BabyB

« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2010, 06:42:44 PM »
No idea about living together, but Henry has a springer girly who lives up the road (can't remember her name at the mo, and it's bugging me) she goes on her back as soon as she sees Henry and he lurves it  :luv:
Mummy loves her angels - but they're not angels all the time - They love to chew and charge about - but mummy doesn't mind

Offline HeatherandBenjy

• Site Member
« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2010, 07:13:29 PM »
We have one springer, two show cockers, one working cocker and three American cockers....... they all get along fine  ;)
Heather, Buddy, Archie, Fizzy, Bruno and Amber!

Offline starboy

• Site Member
  • Theo and Apollo
    • Starboy
« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2010, 08:39:17 PM »
As you can see by my picture we have Apollo our springer aged 10 as well as Theo cocker now 4. We also have 3 cats and all live happily in the house together. Apollo although very energetic when younger has always been the kindest of souls and mixes well with all dogs. A cocker and springer house hold is a happy one.  :luv: 
From the Darby family

Offline Mel

• Donator
  • Owned and chomped by Taliesin the Bard.
« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2010, 11:04:41 PM »
I told the other half of your replies and he just grunted  >:(

I think he was hoping for my objection to a springer so he could complain - I bought him a Mr Grumpy mug for Xmas, need we say any more?  :005:
Kelynen Mister Bojangles 17th March 1997 - 29th January 2010

”Come on Stink-woo, time for bubbyes. End of days now my poppety.”

Free Cake!

Offline Black Red + Yellow

• Inactive
« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2010, 07:47:37 AM »
I told the other half of your replies and he just grunted  >:(

I think he was hoping for my objection to a springer so he could complain - I bought him a Mr Grumpy mug for Xmas, need we say any more?  :005:

as the saying goes 'nuff said' :005: :005:

Offline tillydog

• Site Member
  • Rommel & Lady
« Reply #22 on: December 30, 2010, 08:19:11 AM »
Lady adores 'Murphy', my mum & step-dad's springer and she used to love 'Lincoln', their last springer too. With Lincoln, she was really flirty, and with Murphy, she likes to initiate play.

They also have another dog, Bella who is a collie x type, who Lady gets irritated with, and Bella doesnt get on with Lady, so they just keep out of each other's way!