Author Topic: Yuk!  (Read 2121 times)

Offline JeffandAnnie

Yuk!
« on: December 29, 2010, 03:04:59 PM »
Now the snow hs melted, we have MUD  >:(

The dogs are soooooo happy because they have rediscovered that mud is their favouritist thing, even more than snow.

And unfortunately I didn't manage to catch to clean and dry them them before they ran indoors and ALL OVER THE HOUSE  >:D

Offline fizzyntiffy

• Donator
Re: Yuk!
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2010, 03:27:56 PM »
 :005: :005: sorry, shouldn't laugh, know what you mean tho - my pale yellow 3 seater sofa is sporting a nice track of muddy pawprints right across it courtesy of Sasha  >:D my fault, thought the baby gate was shut.  Fortunately the covers are washable  :D

Offline Geordietyke

• Donator
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2010, 03:28:27 PM »
Oh dear, me thinks Jeff and Annie are in the doghouse ph34r :005:
Both taken away from us far too soon. x  RIP Angels Odie & Archie, causing mayhem at the Rainbow, no doubt!

Offline Black Red + Yellow

• Inactive
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2010, 03:52:46 PM »
Have given up washing the floors......it is a waste of time........................so take heed anyone visiting our house, you need your wellies on in the house now! :005: :005:

I, along with many others, had had enough of the snow but to have a clean but slightly wet dog is sooooo much easier to handle than 3 wet and very mucky dogs >:(

Offline jakesmum

• Site Member
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2010, 03:54:43 PM »
Hmmm....I cleaned mine yesterday then this morning - two sets of mucky footprints to clear up. Oh well....goes with the territory  :D

Offline Sheepscheeks

• Have to keep running or me feets will freeze!
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2010, 04:05:18 PM »
I give my kitchen floor a once over with one of those wet wipes for floors after Freddie has had his second walk of the day. Then leave an old towel down inside the door beyond the door mat for when he goes in the garden. Def not mud, mud, glorious mud is it!!! And has anyone else noticed the smell of the rotting vegetation? Yuk again!
Paula & Freddie x

Offline WarwickshireFlyball

• K925 Pet Services
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2010, 12:11:40 PM »
Yep, ours is gross too and on a slope so just a bog but we have a load of artificial grass to put down just need to get round to it  :D

Offline minimoo

• Donator
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2010, 12:38:34 PM »
try having 4 muddy wet cockers, thats 16 muddy paws  >:D  and i need a revolving door, one in, one out ,one in, one out  im sure they do it for fun. even when we go on the cycle path they still get mud all over, my friends little terrier isnt half as bad , cocker mud magnets  :005: :005:
Julie owned by Ella, and Bailey the mud monster and little Milo.   R.I.P Kizzy 19.04.97 - 16.06.11, the start of my love for the wiggly ones and Bruno my lovely brave boy

Offline hedgehog

« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2010, 01:05:20 PM »
I have a turtle mat in the runner size in the porch by my back door, I let the dogs in and shut them in the porch and in a few minutes of standing on the mat their paws ore dry and mud free, I have 2 turtle mats and wash them every third day, works brilliantly and money well spent.

Offline Holly Berry

• Donator
  • Today I’m going to be a b****r
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2010, 01:11:28 PM »
We didn't go over the the field today, deciding instead to go on a lead walk. Big mistake  >:D They are almost as dirty as going over the field, Forrest Gump (Ebony) isn't happy hanging around so wanted to keep walking whereas Rosie has to sniff everything. Got them home and still had to put them in the bath. So tomorrow to save my arms we are going down the field. Off to clean the bathroom now.

PS I bought some of these http://www.groomers-online.com/product.php/1641/super-absorbent-aqua-matting---pack-of-3. They work better if damp, so I put them down for bathing and also by the back door. They absorb water and mud and because they are damp/wettish you can then use to wipe the floor. I then soak them in a bucket of water and washing powder wring out and put back on the floor. They are also good for mopping up spills, one of my nieces spilt a glass of coke all over the carpet and it soaked it up.(also good for puppy accidents!!). I also use the aqua sorb http://www.groomers-online.com/product.php/318/aquasorb-super-absorbent-chamois. These have really cut down on the towels I have to wash  :D
Rosie Cassie Lucy Poppy and Holly My Angels at the Bridge

Offline supergirl

• Wonderful Indie
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2010, 03:31:22 PM »
Have given up washing the floors......it is a waste of time........................so take heed anyone visiting our house, you need your wellies on in the house now! :005: :005:

I, along with many others, had had enough of the snow but to have a clean but slightly wet dog is sooooo much easier to handle than 3 wet and very mucky dogs >:(

Same situation in our house, with 4 of them they only need to go out for a pee to come back tracking half the garden with them.  Keep telling visitors that there's no point removing shoes when coming in.
Misha, Ellie, Roly, Lexi (& Karen)

People who have dogs live longer - it's all the extra love

Offline grracee

« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2010, 03:50:06 PM »
I know what you mean, we are regretting getting a whitey coloured lino in the kitchen/backroom!  >:D Given up mopping all the time! :005:

Offline xlynnx

• Donator
« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2010, 04:57:12 PM »
This is when I should have gotten a black cocker instead of a orange one :lol2:

url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]

Offline ebony girl

« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2010, 06:39:37 PM »
got so fed up with a wet muddy cocker that hubby has made Ebony a run on some of the brickweave at the side of the house with some gravel to "toilet" on for those wet days....its a nice 40' run with lots of toys etc so she still has fun x

Offline Lily Freya

• Owned by Luis, Ollie and Gracie.
« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2010, 06:57:37 PM »
Our hallway looks like a sheep dipping station.  When the weather is like this we place towels in the hallway, with an old plastic washing up bowl of tepid water in the middle.  OH comes in first, then the dogs one at a time are led in my me...................they are dipped, and wiped....................Pawfect... :005: :005:  Not easy with three of them though.  It's an art, I can tell you.
No longer in my arms, but forever in my heart, my girls at the Bridge, Lily and Freya. Xx