Author Topic: We had an awful walk this evening  (Read 1755 times)

Offline Sarah.H

• Site Member
  • charlie
Re: We had an awful walk this evening
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2011, 10:06:01 PM »
What a horrible evening for Elmo!

Millie got in a ruc with four dogs last weekend and I was kindly informed that it was my fault as my dog was on a lead  :o

Millie

Offline Uncon

• Site Member
« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2011, 10:07:55 PM »

Millie got in a ruc with four dogs last weekend and I was kindly informed that it was my fault as my dog was on a lead  :o

How Dare you keep your dog under control!

Offline maddy74

« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2011, 10:08:18 PM »
what an awful day for you and elmo  :huh:

Offline Sarah.H

• Site Member
  • charlie
« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2011, 12:45:57 PM »

How Dare you keep your dog under control!

I know! And apparently the JR the started the trouble doesn't like it when other dogs are on a lead, so why let it come over to us!!!

Millie

Offline Loudon

• Donator
« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2011, 12:22:39 AM »
Dunno, if this helps but I always carry a walking stick with a metal head.

Have never needed to use it but I hope I wouldn't hesitate if my dogs were attacked. Ok, would be usless against a pit bull but you would need an army for them anyway.

Offline praia

« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2011, 03:00:10 AM »

Have never needed to use it but I hope I wouldn't hesitate if my dogs were attacked. Ok, would be usless against a pit bull but you would need an army for them anyway.

You could at least use it as a break stick, which is pretty much your only option once an APBT grabs a hold of something.

Offline Loudon

• Donator
« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2011, 12:38:30 PM »

You could at least use it as a break stick, which is pretty much your only option once an APBT grabs a hold of something.

Just had to say that's one cool photo of your dog playing in water. I recently got a Sony NEX5 so just learning to take decent photos. Can I ask what camera you used and if you edited in Photoshop?

Offline JennyBee

• Princess Brodie
« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2011, 01:43:07 PM »

I have only very recently started taking a stick out on a walk with me - a staffie has attacked 3 dogs here in the last fortnight. It literally goes for the throat and tries to inflict as much damage as possible. Never thought I'd ever need to think about using a stick on another dog but as has been said I would not hesitate if that dog flew at Brodie :-\.

x In memory of Barney x

Offline Ralu A

• Elmo
« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2011, 04:38:18 PM »

I have only very recently started taking a stick out on a walk with me - a staffie has attacked 3 dogs here in the last fortnight. It literally goes for the throat and tries to inflict as much damage as possible. Never thought I'd ever need to think about using a stick on another dog but as has been said I would not hesitate if that dog flew at Brodie :-\.
Oh, that dog sounds very scary. I hope you and Brodie will be safe :luv:
Life is just better with two cockers :D
Raluca, Elmo and Scai
IMG_33556 by Ralu A

Offline dal55

• Cassie and her much loved ball
« Reply #24 on: August 10, 2011, 09:00:04 PM »
I always carry a stick. I had to "fend "off two JRs today but luckily I know them and was prepared for he onslaught.
I feel sorry for the poor owner who is at her wits end trying to get them to behave BUT that doesn't make you feel any better when your dog is under threatened attack

Offline JennyBee

• Princess Brodie
« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2011, 09:35:34 PM »

Oh, that dog sounds very scary. I hope you and Brodie will be safe :luv:

Thank you - it is not a nice situation to be in, is it. I'm glad to hear Elmo has recovered well from his attack :luv:

x In memory of Barney x