Author Topic: Great Hol in France  (Read 1187 times)

Offline dal55

• Cassie and her much loved ball
Great Hol in France
« on: October 25, 2011, 08:22:45 PM »
Just back from a really great holiday in Brittany. We took Cassie and she has had the time of her life. We stayed in a small cottage/Gite on a none working farm ,no animals just a few chickens behind a fence. The farm has 50 acres of fields and woods to roam at will. It is also along side the Nantes Brest canal so there are miles of walking there as well and all the nearby woods.If you take your dogs with you abroad it really is a great place to holiday. It's really easy  sorting the return with vets etc..
i would imagine that I am not allowed to put the website address here but if anyone does want the details just pm me
 We find it best to use the tunnel but it is about 6 hours driving (To Rostrenen, approx centre of Brittany). We stopped in an hotel overnight to make it easier for Cassie and then stop a few times for comfort breaks

Offline Wenco18

• Donator
  • With Lottie and Lola in North Yorkshire
Re: Great Hol in France
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2011, 11:11:18 PM »
I am sending you a pm, we went to Pas de Calais in August through the tunnel and took Lottie.   :D
It was great and we would like to return to Brittany we were last there in 1999!

Need to buy another pet passport though cos get our new puppy in 5 weeks  :luv: :luv:
Wendy, Lottie and Lola x

Lottie dob 26/04/09
Lola  dob  10/10/2011

Offline dal55

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2011, 09:28:39 AM »
Wenco, I have sent you the web address,
I'm sure you will love it, I forgot to mention that here are ferries that would get you nearer so not so far to drive. We stay in Campanile hotels as they are reasonable, clean and more importantly allow dogs

Offline Emilyoliver

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2011, 11:51:36 AM »
Hi, sounds perfect!  Am also sending you a PM, as am planning a trip to France next year and have some friends in Brittany, so somewhere dog friendly close to them would be ideal.
Michelle, Emily and Ollie

Offline Wenco18

• Donator
  • With Lottie and Lola in North Yorkshire
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2011, 07:22:26 PM »
Thanks for the pm, we will probably still go through the tunnel as it is only 35 mins and the doggies stay in the car with us.

I don't think I could leave them in the hold on their own, so would prefer the driving the other side
Wendy, Lottie and Lola x

Lottie dob 26/04/09
Lola  dob  10/10/2011

Offline dal55

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2011, 08:09:21 PM »
Emilyoliver , Have sent you the web

Wenco , I don;t like leaving Cassie in the car or in a kennel on the ferry so we always now go via the tunnel. It is a longish trip through France that way but as I said earlier we stay in an hotel over night which does break up the trip. We stay in Campaniles as they allow  dogs,  they have lovely restaurants and some do allow dogs into them The one in Calais did say to us that they would allow a small dog but we had gone armed with our own food as we didn't like to leave Cass on her own in a strange place