Author Topic: Cockers and alcohol  (Read 2061 times)

Offline Sheryl

• Donator
Re: Cockers and alcohol
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2011, 12:43:44 PM »
My two always mither Mr Sheryl when he has a gin but it is the ice cubes they are after, not the drink.  I have never allowed either of them alcohol.
Sheryl, Holly, Kali, Baby Lyla and Angel Chloe

Offline c19unn

• Donator
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2011, 01:46:53 PM »
I know its a bit extreme - and a different breed but this could be worth a read concerning a dogs actions after it drank beer

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/3889508/Dog-drunk-on-Stella-scars-lad-10-for-life.html
My Mummy's name is Charlene
My name is Diesel

Diesel DOB:16-04-11

Offline JeffandAnnie

« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2011, 06:11:39 PM »
SA - what's a "Theo person"  :huh:

Only ever deliberately given a horse alcohol (guinness), but Mitzi (a late cat) drank some wine I left in a glass after a BBQ when we went out - when we got home Mitzi was weaving about and falling over and we hadn't realised what had happened so took her to the emergency vet (Sunday night of a bank holiday - VERY expensive  ph34r) who couldn't find anything wrong (apart from her falling over) so gave her an antibiotic injection (standard procedure with any undiagnosed animal at that particular vet  >:() and sent us home. Obviously we realised what had happened when she sobered up. 

Offline JeffandAnnie

« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2011, 06:19:57 PM »
@c19unn it's probably the fact the boy leant over the gate of his garden and touched the dog (perhaps surprised it?) that made the staffie bite, not the beer! Horrible woman saying the dog should be destroyed when it was in its own garden  >:D

Offline luckyone

« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2011, 08:40:27 PM »
Thanks for your replies - i would nevergive lucky alcohol but was really surprised at her real fixation on getting to my glass  >:( I rarely drink alcohol and will make sure I keep a close eye on her and it in the future!!

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2011, 12:37:53 PM »
Have I got the only tea total cocker? lol  :005: :005: :005: :005:

Smudge is T Total - but that is cos I am - half a mug of warm T or Ovaltine is a different matter tho  ph34r
Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, and Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22 both now at the Bridge.

Offline Toni-UK

• Site Member
  • Booby-Doo
« Reply #21 on: October 26, 2011, 04:40:27 PM »
SA - what's a "Theo person"  :huh:

ALTHOUGH   a person......    ;)

I would never give my dog alcohol or leave it were she could get at it,I wouldn't leave a glass of something on the floor if their was a crawling baby or toddler around  :huh: same for my dog.
People laugh at me because I'm different, but I laugh at them because they are all the same.

Offline JeffandAnnie

« Reply #22 on: October 26, 2011, 05:19:06 PM »
SA - what's a "Theo person"  :huh:

ALTHOUGH   a person......    ;)

Thanks; I thought it was some race of people who all think seeing a dog drunk is funny  :luv: