Author Topic: Rolling in deer poo!  (Read 637 times)

Offline pip1965

Rolling in deer poo!
« on: January 12, 2012, 07:43:57 PM »
Took Otto out for a quick walk accross the fields this afternoon,schedule was a bit tight as son number 3 had a friend for tea.On the way back,all was going well when he suddenly hares off onto the middle of the field and starts frantically rolling,and when I say rolling I mean rolling,he was caked in it >:(

So back home and there was nothing for it but a complete bath, Otto of course preferred to look completely innocent  :wasntme:

Anyway the dirt has gone but despite using shampoo the smell still slightly lingers ,we are trying to ignore it but does anyone have any good remedies for either the smell or even better how to stop them rolling in the disgusting stuff the smell is awful wose than fox  in my experience :-\.We can't avoid the deer as the are indigenous around here we even have them in the garden sometimes.

Offline MaggieR

• Donator
Re: Rolling in deer poo!
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2012, 07:51:09 PM »
Not had this experience with deer poo, but am a regular victim of fox poo and on the odd occasion  badger   :020:  Best neutraliser of the smell is tomato ketchup!
Lisa & Maggie x

One reason a dog can be such a comfort when you're feeling blue is that he doesn't try to find out why.  ~Author Unknown

Offline pip1965

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2012, 07:53:11 PM »
Doesn't it turn them red?!

Offline MaggieR

• Donator
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2012, 07:54:50 PM »
Hmmmm Maggie's been known to sport a slight pink tinge for a few days after... but it soon wears off.  Once its been washed off its not too bad and I'd rather that than the smell  :005:
Lisa & Maggie x

One reason a dog can be such a comfort when you're feeling blue is that he doesn't try to find out why.  ~Author Unknown

Offline Yomper

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2012, 09:34:01 PM »
i have got used to fox poo and now i don't mind it at all. i can't see what all the fuss is about. its doggy aftershave!!