Author Topic: I am looking for this cocker  (Read 2061 times)

Offline miranda

I am looking for this cocker
« on: January 12, 2012, 02:09:01 PM »
Hello,
I am from Holland. A friend of mine has seen this cocker on a calendar. She wants to know who this cocker is? We know already that te dog is from England.
http://www.dobey.nl/kalender-engels-c.spaniel-2012-p9109.html

Than you.

Offline seaangler

Re: I am looking for this cocker
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2012, 02:43:08 PM »
Hi ya ...And a warm welcome to you from C.O.L in England...

It is very hard to say that the cocker in the calender is from England it could also be from Holland..They do breed very good English cockers in Holland.....Just because it says English spaniel its not nesasary from England...

I would try and contact who made the calender and follow any leads you may get from there....Best of Luck

Gemma..Cindy And peggy

Offline ollie nathan's mum

• Donator
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2012, 03:11:39 PM »
I don ' know but He is gorgeous
Ollie D.O.B 29/03/2010

Offline montydavies

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2012, 03:12:59 PM »
Hello and Welcome to COL.  Do you mean that you want this particular Cocker, or is it the colour you are interested in? Not sure myself what the colour would be, but it is lovely isn't it!

Offline montydavies

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2012, 03:14:18 PM »
would he be a chocolate roan and tan? Is that possible?

Offline Nicola

• FTCh Caoimhe
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2012, 03:17:50 PM »
Yes, that dog is a liver roan and tan show Cocker.  There's a photo of another one, ClareB's Mocha, on the Colours guide on the COL Homepage (it's in set 3)

http://www.cockersonline.co.uk/cms/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=63&Itemid=84

To the OP, if it's that specific dog you're trying to locate, you may be best trying to contact the publisher of the calendar, or see if there are any photographer credits on it.
Nicola, Tilly, Rodaidh and Caoimhe x

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30049807@N08/

Offline miranda

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2012, 05:37:56 PM »
Thank you all.
We are looking for this particular cocker.
We also contacted the publiser of the calendar. They tolded us that they bought the pictures in England but don't know the name of the owner or breeder.

Offline seaangler

« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2012, 06:22:32 PM »
Thank you all.
We are looking for this particular cocker.
We also contacted the publiser of the calendar. They tolded us that they bought the pictures in England but don't know the name of the owner or breeder.

Right you lot :D are we going to help are new (bs) from across the water to help track down this calender with this so lovly cocker on...We need to do some detective work.... :shades: in finding this cocker...Whos going to help....

Gemma..Cindy And peggy

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2012, 06:24:25 PM »

They should know the name of the photographer or agency they bought the photos from - that's who you need to contact as without that info, it's like looking for a needle in a haystack :D
Jane

Offline maddy74

« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2012, 06:37:41 PM »
just out of interest why does your friend want to know the cocker on the calender?

Offline miranda

« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2012, 07:13:29 PM »
Her cocker died a few weeks ago en when she wants a puppy, she would like one like this one.
We don't know if the owner of this dog is a breeder?
Perhaps somebody on this forum who had showdogs, recognize this dog.

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2012, 10:36:53 PM »
Perhaps somebody on this forum who had showdogs, recognize this dog.

The colour of this dog isn't seen very often in the show ring in the UK & I don't recognise him/her (that's not to say the dog has not been shown, just that he or she is not a well known show dog).

I still think the photographer is your best bet - they will know who the owner of the dog is.
Jane

Offline JaspersMum

• Donator
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2012, 11:02:39 PM »
The photo potentially could be many years old and a stock photograph that has long since lost all link to photographer or dog name.  I tried googling through images earlier and didn't find but then, I probably only scratched the surface

Jenny - owned by Jasper, Ellie, Heidi, Louie & Charlie

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2012, 07:47:20 AM »
The photo potentially could be many years old and a stock photograph that has long since lost all link to photographer or dog name.  I tried googling through images earlier and didn't find but then, I probably only scratched the surface

Possibly but calendars often use recent work so it's worth finding out the photo's origin. It is at least a modern era Cocker - look at all the feathering :005:
Jane

Offline Scarlett

• Julie & Scarlett from Greece
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2012, 08:19:43 AM »
Yes, that dog is a liver roan and tan show Cocker.  There's a photo of another one, ClareB's Mocha, on the Colours guide on the COL Homepage (it's in set 3)

http://www.cockersonline.co.uk/cms/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=63&Itemid=84

To the OP, if it's that specific dog you're trying to locate, you may be best trying to contact the publisher of the calendar, or see if there are any photographer credits on it.
Sorry for the off topic, but is Mocha the show type dog on page 3 liver & roan tan?
She is lovely looking, but looks more than a working type to me, with flat skull & long setting ears!

Good luck with your search on this beautiful dog!  :luv:
"Of all the dogs that are so sweet
The Spaniel is the most complete.
Of all the Spaniels, dearest far
The little loving Cockers are."
Ernest Howard Shepard, Mc Obe 1879 - 1976