Author Topic: "Where are you Hamish"  (Read 2712 times)

Offline MacTavish Boys

• Site Member
"Where are you Hamish"
« on: February 14, 2012, 03:13:33 PM »
This morning i fed George and Hamish as usual,  Liver this morning one of their fave meals   :D while they were eating, i was busy getting washed and changed for work and also to take them out about an hour later for their usual hour and a half morning walk :D once they had finished eating, they both went and laid on the settee. today also happened to be be bin day, so while they were asleep, i got the rubbish together and took it outside to the front of the house, where i had taken the bin round last night, ready for collection this morning. anyway, mission accomplised, i came back inside and carried on getting ready, about 15 minutes later, i realised that i could not see Hamish on the settee, so i looked around downstairs, looked in the back garden, they have a dog flap, then went upstairs, thinking he must have gone back upstairs to bed, no sign of him :huh: i could then feel the panic starting to set in. then the lightbulb in my head went off, look in the front garden, i opened the front door and who was standing on the step, talk about pleased to see one another  :luv: , he must have slipped through, when i opened the door to put the rubbish out and then of course i did not notice ph34r thank dog i had actually remembered to shut the gate and as it was only about 5.30am there was nobody around, he did not make a noise, if it had been George, he would have barked, it just goes to show you, that you have to have eyes in the back of your head ;)
Stephanie, George and Hamish xxx
George'n' Hamish's Mum

Offline ollie nathan's mum

• Donator
Re: "Where are you Hamish"
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2012, 03:16:40 PM »
Eyes in the back of your head would be handy, what a scare. Glad things turned out okay :luv:
Ollie D.O.B 29/03/2010

Offline 8 Hairy Feet

• Donator
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2012, 03:21:47 PM »
Yikes!
But.
Hurray!
steffxxx

Offline Sarah.H

• Site Member
  • charlie
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2012, 06:31:33 PM »
Oh it's such a horrible feeling when you can't find them!

I've just named a rescue pony Hamish  ;)

Millie

Offline Miadanu

• Donator
  • Merlin
    • COL Sussex Meetups Information Thread
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2012, 06:37:34 PM »
Eek scary!  so glad that Hamish is alright :D

Offline dianna1

• http://picasaweb.google.com/sosNron
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2012, 06:44:04 PM »
This is when we wish our dogs were not so polite and patient. 

Bark  dogs Bark.

Glad it wasn't a scare for too long.

Offline ElaineH

• Donator
  • Handsome Morgan 19/06/2008 - 03/03/2024
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2012, 07:12:08 PM »
Crumbs! glad he was safe and sound, what a scare for you  :o

They're so bl***y quick though aren't they? I've lost count of the times Morgan's sneaked somewhere he shouldn't even though we try to be on high alert all the time!
"Histories are more full of examples of the fidelity of dogs than of friends"  Alexander Pope

Offline dizzytrish

• Donator
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2012, 11:23:28 PM »
Cooper did this last week, i put the rubbish out and thought they had all followed me back in.
I did the hoovering, cleared up, sorted the washing, did the dishwasher, then realised I had lost one!
opened the front door, and coops ran back in!!,
he was just wandering around the garden, but in the middle of the afternoon, so pleased one of the 'kids' hadn't
realised and let him out! ph34r

Offline MacTavish Boys

• Site Member
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2012, 09:36:28 AM »
Thanks Guys, Hamish never causes me to worry, always comes when he is called, so that was got me worried more than anything.
Sarah. well done for choosing such a lovely name for your rescue pony  :luv:
George'n' Hamish's Mum

Offline Carolynleah

« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2012, 09:54:36 AM »
So glad Hamish was safe - I nearly lost Nerys this morning - I let them in the back garden for a wee while it was still dark, and didn't realise the side gate had blown down.  I went to get them back five minutes later and only Will was there - saw the gate and had a moment of panic!  Fortunately as soon as I shouted her she came running back from next door's front garden.  I have fixed the gate and it has taught me to check every time I let them out.

Offline MacTavish Boys

• Site Member
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2012, 09:58:23 AM »
So glad Hamish was safe - I nearly lost Nerys this morning - I let them in the back garden for a wee while it was still dark, and didn't realise the side gate had blown down.  I went to get them back five minutes later and only Will was there - saw the gate and had a moment of panic!  Fortunately as soon as I shouted her she came running back from next door's front garden.  I have fixed the gate and it has taught me to check every time I let them out.
Poor you, i am glad that Nerys was safe  :luv:
George'n' Hamish's Mum

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2012, 06:24:22 PM »
Glad he was ok - what a fright for you.

Don't you wish they would knock or ring the door bell  :shades:
Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, and Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22 both now at the Bridge.