Author Topic: Infertility In Bitches  (Read 784 times)

Offline looby lou

• Site Member
  • Georgia
    • http://www.jayzander.co.uk
Infertility In Bitches
« on: April 24, 2005, 10:51:03 PM »
Hi Guys,
having read lots of books I was wondering in the real world of cockers how common infertility is in bitches and what are the most common reasons why? Of course the books and vets give textbook answers but as we all know life never follows a book and vets appear to have differing opinions. ;)
To see our dogs visit
www.jayzander.co.uk

Looby Lou

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
Infertility In Bitches
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2005, 09:57:58 AM »
Hi Guys,
having read lots of books I was wondering in the real world of cockers how common infertility is in bitches and what are the most common reasons why? Of course the books and vets give textbook answers but as we all know life never follows a book and vets appear to have differing opinions. ;)
[snapback]120318[/snapback]
I don't think infertility is that common really - a lot of the time when a bitches misses a couple of times, it's not necessarily due to infertility but to mating at the wrong time or a hormonal imbalance etc. Our Lily missed 3 times & people were telling us she must be infertile but with some help from our vet, she went on to have 2 litters successfully. Real infertility can be caused by things like infection or a virus (eg Herpes virus) or conditions like an underactive thyroid. THIS PAGE is v good for info on the causes of infertility generally.

Jane
Jane

Offline looby lou

• Site Member
  • Georgia
    • http://www.jayzander.co.uk
Infertility In Bitches
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2005, 06:49:29 PM »
Hi Guys,
[snapback]120318[/snapback]
I don't think infertility is that common really - a lot of the time when a bitches misses a couple of times, it's not necessarily due to infertility but to mating at the wrong time or a hormonal imbalance etc. Our Lily missed 3 times & people were telling us she must be infertile but with some help from our vet, she went on to have 2 litters successfully. Real infertility can be caused by things like infection or a virus (eg Herpes virus) or conditions like an underactive thyroid. THIS PAGE is v good for info on the causes of infertility generally.

Jane
[snapback]120413[/snapback]
Thanks Jane for this :D
To see our dogs visit
www.jayzander.co.uk

Looby Lou