Author Topic: Help-Mollie cries /whines at her toys all the time-is she unhappy/lonely?  (Read 348 times)

Offline Patsy1999

Firstly an apology -as a first time poster I'm sorry if I've unwittingly broken any posting rules but I wonder if anyone can give me advice with Mollie, my 10 month old cocker? We have had cockers in the past but never one dog on it's own, this is a first for us, so I'm not sure if the behaviour she's demonstrating is attention seeking/loneliness or ??
She loves a walk, and insists on 'saying hello' and playing if possible with any dogs we meet, and cries/whines if not allowed to. Trouble is she now cries/whines when at home-she'll sit with her toys and whine at them as if they should play-she's fine when we play with her but as much as I'd love to I can't play 24/7.
She will spend time looking at her reflection in the wardrobe doors and 'whinge'/whine at it until I open the door and show her there's no dog there. We are talking now about getting another dog because we're worried she's lonely. Are we worrying too much?

Offline Ruby Tuesday

• My little Jem
Re: Help-Mollie cries /whines at her toys all the time-is she unhappy/lonely?
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2013, 09:24:54 PM »
Hello and welcome to COL.

I don't have any great advice for you but I just thought I'd say that Jem is our third dog but first cocker and she is by miles the most vocal dog we've had! It just seems to be how she expresses herself. Maybe Mollie is the same.

I hope someone can give you better advice soon. Oh, and we'd love to see photos please :)
Julie, Ruby and Jem. And never forgetting our first precious dog, Cassie x