Author Topic: I now have a choice!  (Read 3920 times)

Offline MidwifeTori

• Hudson
Re: I now have a choice!
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2013, 07:31:42 AM »
My personal fave is lemon roan :) bet you are so excited !!! More cute pics On Monday please !

Offline jonnytrabant

« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2013, 07:33:29 AM »
Forget about colour, just wait til you meet them and then decide. One of them will choose you. Of course you have a problem when they all do! I'm no help really as i totally copped out and let my 4 year old daughter choose Lovely!

Exactly. Pick the dog for temperant not colour and while most of the replies tell you to pick both, remember its more tongue in cheek than sound advice. If you only had one intention of getting one, then stick with it. Do not get the two and try not  let your emotion (and I know it's hard) get the better of you

Offline BazandDeb

« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2013, 08:35:13 AM »
Haha...peoples responses on thus post have made be laugh, how do you turn normally professional, mature adults in to jelly...show them pics of cocker spaniel pups  :luv:     take both.

Offline Dan

« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2013, 09:04:47 AM »
Forget about colour, just wait til you meet them and then decide. One of them will choose you. Of course you have a problem when they all do! I'm no help really as i totally copped out and let my 4 year old daughter choose Lovely!

Exactly. Pick the dog for temperant not colour and while most of the replies tell you to pick both, remember its more tongue in cheek than sound advice. If you only had one intention of getting one, then stick with it. Do not get the two and try not  let your emotion (and I know it's hard) get the better of you

Yeah I appreciate what your saying and obv I'm only going to get the one :lol: I also understand about the temperament etc that's what I'll be looking for as I did with Brodie but I'm just in love with both colours and just happy I have a choice here is another pic one of lemon roan and other of golden bitch on the right!!

Not great pics but you get the point :)

Offline Pearly

• Donator
  • Pearl, Coral, Sally, Purdey and Kukri
« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2013, 09:09:01 AM »
Oh bless! they are tiny :luv: and very beautiful

Of course, we all know you really posted this thread to tantalise us all.......I'm sure you'll know exactly which pup you'll be having as soon as they start to develop their characters, irrespective of colour ;) Although the lemon roan is sooooo pretty :005:

Offline MidwifeTori

• Hudson
« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2013, 09:26:47 AM »
Stunning !!! I still like the lemon roan but like you say it's more about temperament and 'the one ' will let you know who she is I'm sure !!

Offline Holly2009

• Inactive
« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2013, 09:38:09 AM »
I'd say golden  :blink: good luck what ever you decide.

Offline Dozy bird

• My beautiful babies
« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2013, 10:00:54 AM »
I agree with Lovely above, as I've said on other threads Roxy picked us, I was eyeing up her all gold sister, but we went with her decision and it turned out to be a good one! Maybe when they're all a little more mobile one of them will help you out with the answer. They all look lovely and I'm sure you won't be disappointed with any of them.

Offline Mel X

• Mels Crafty Delights
« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2013, 10:03:04 AM »
Ooohh teasing us with close up shots (tut tut tut)  :005:  They are both gorgeous.  My personal fave is lemon roan but then I not getting puppy!  When it comes down to it I absolutely agree, take both -  JUST KIDDING!!!!  

Let the personalities develop a bit then decide regardless of colour.

Good luck

Mel X

Offline Sasha B

• Donator
« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2013, 10:05:26 AM »
I have a black working cocker whom I love to bits but I must say when I'm out and a see a golden one my knees turn to jelly. They are just stunning.

Offline airyfairy76

• Site Member
    • Facebook page: A Spaniel's Tail
« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2013, 10:09:42 AM »
Well, I'd say golden. But as I'm getting my little golden girl in 33 days (yes I'm counting!), I might just be a tad biased.

:005: :005:

Lemon roans are just as stunning though - both of them seem quite rare where I live, but I'd say the lemons more so.

And although I've seen both the girls in the litter, I wasn't able to pick when they were three weeks old, so going back next week (woohoo!) when they will be six weeks, to make my decision, as their little characters should be more developed.
 :luv: :luv:

Offline AnnieM

• Site Member
  • Jazmin
« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2013, 12:06:14 PM »
Personally I'd go for the golden, just think of all the bathing to keep the lemon roan clean!  :005:  we had springers years ago and as they were worked they always looked 'grubby'.  Black and gold are much easier to keep looking clean. ;) my next one will hopefully be a liver.  :luv:

**DALEMSTAR COCKERS**

Offline maddy74

« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2013, 12:25:34 PM »
Oh my doG Dan just caught up on this thread. The golden one with white down her nose could actually be Willow at that age. The one on top of the pile in one photo and being held with another pup in other photo, so from my point of view id go with that one but then again im biased  ;) :luv:

She even has a light coloured nose like Willow.  :luv: :luv:

I dont know how rare each colour is but weve had no end of postive comments re Willows colouring. When OH took her out on a shoot one bloke said he wanted a golden and white for quite some time but gave up waiting in the end. He couldnt take his eyes off Willow  :luv:

The breeder we got Willow from must have had about 7 litters of cockers to date and only Willows litter has had this colour  ;)

Offline dal55

• Cassie and her much loved ball
« Reply #28 on: February 24, 2013, 12:39:47 PM »
A Black one ... a black one..... a black one. !! Whichever you choose it will be adorable
JEALOUS xx

Offline Lovely

I now have a choice!
« Reply #29 on: February 24, 2013, 01:47:09 PM »
I would be commenting on the photos but Lovely chewed through my laptop cable this morning. Only been online a week. You have that bit to look forward to as well (yes i am jealous too!)
Ali