Author Topic: I now have a choice!  (Read 3919 times)

Offline Cockertime Blues

• Donator
Re: I now have a choice!
« Reply #45 on: February 25, 2013, 07:27:46 PM »
The last time I bought a puppy (and I only ever bought 2) was in 1985.  I chose the one lurking at the back and she was the best little dog I ever had.  OK, she was a dalmatian and, as there were no livers in the litter, colour was not an issue.  For me, I wouldn't be bothered what colour cocker I chose as not important to me, but to each his own.

Offline Helen

• helen noakes jewellery
Re: I now have a choice!
« Reply #46 on: February 25, 2013, 10:24:15 PM »
Personally I'm not a huge fan of lemon roans, nor white facial markings on solids - I would definitely go with the solid gold  :luv:  I'm sure you've checked out parents temperament already and know the dogs well  ;)

Jarvis chose us.  We had a pick of 2 liver dogs or a liver and white bitch and we picked young (breeders are friends of ours, we were allowed to CAREFULLY view the pups at 3 weeks)  The scrappy skinny pretty ugly liver pup decided we were it much to his breeders surprise! His parents have fabulous temperaments so that wasn't an issue.  At 6 weeks we went back and found we had chosen a laid back but confident and happy pup, and he turned out to be not so ugly after all  :lol2:
helen & jarvis x