Author Topic: KC papers never came...  (Read 14155 times)

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
Re: KC papers never came...
« Reply #75 on: September 20, 2013, 10:55:43 AM »
Sharon, I think we've come to the same conclusion about the identity of this breeder ;)
Jane

Offline SophieBlueRoanLover

• Sophie Carr Photography
« Reply #76 on: October 05, 2013, 10:47:03 PM »
The papers are definitely Toby's. Other people who brought pups from the same little have also received papers today. Breeder rekons the name on the papers is his business partner. Personally, I think the KC have put him on a black list, or he registers some pups in his name some in the other guys. This way he gets around needing a license.

A truly vile man. Who sees that he has done nothing wrong. He knows the game to well! He doesn't advertise KC registered pups any more - just 'pedigree'

He gave Toby a vile name - 'man on the house', still it could have been worse lol
This all sounds very fishy to me too - he could well have conned all of you that bought dogs from the same litter (I hope not). You could have a dog that's totally different from the pedigree that he's told you - which could mean any health tests are not necessarily valid. (A friend of mine has a cavapoo which was meant to by tiny - smaller than a cocker if the alleged father was to be believed - but the dog is enormous! I'm sure the breeder lied about who the sire was, but she still loves the dog so is living with the fact that he's 3x the size she was expecting... let's hope there's no underlying health-problems there. My point being that there are clearly many many unscrupulous breeders out there and it's very difficult to prove who any pup's sire or dam are...).

How can he continue to advertise "pedigree"? - this surely means KC registered as no other registration body is recognised? It sounds as if you're not going to pursue him in the small claims court to get the difference in what you paid between a dog and a KC registered dog?

I assume this guy is continuing to breed and showing the same disregard for anything other than his own pocket?

Offline Nathanjohn8

« Reply #77 on: October 10, 2013, 06:20:04 PM »
He's a vile yet clever man!

The KC don't care neither do trading standards. Licensing at the local council want to take him to court, but he's always managed to wiggle his way out of it!

So many people on here have messaged me privately saying they can tell who I am talking about just from the story!!

Offline Josephine_KK

« Reply #78 on: October 22, 2013, 07:13:19 AM »
After reading all this, I'm glad you have got your papers, what a parlarva!

I know a few different breeders of cats that are partnered but they usually have both names on the papers.  I have a pedigree kitty, did my research and talked to a few people and breeders.  The owner wanted to charge more for the kitty but I stood my ground and left with said kitty and papers.  After a few complaints to the rspca/cat protection and a few other organisations, along with some other people who bought from the same breeder, this person was shut down and had all breeders removed.

It is a dreadful business and many get hooked in, no matter the research you do.