Author Topic: so cross with pepper  (Read 921 times)

Offline *MaryG*

• Donator
so cross with pepper
« on: February 20, 2014, 08:34:55 AM »
just need to rant about my dog.  on the way to park   stopped him eating some old bread in the gutter. got in park, far side, turn and he is belting out of the park up path to road,you can guess where. i was a long way behind, imagining him being run over. of course just stuffing bread when i got there. so cross, come pout in all the rain for this. marched him home. he is now fed up because he has not has his walk, i am cross. now he has no idea why now but can't help it. he is curled up next to me fast asleep!

Offline Emilyoliver

Re: so cross with pepper
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2014, 09:17:22 AM »
Little beast!  I had the pleasure of having to extricate a chicken bone from Ollie's mouth this morning.  He spat half out when I told him to, but decided to chomp on the rest.  Luckily mamanged to get it out.  But get most annoyed at the filthy people who seem to think it's acceptable to leave the remains of their take aways along the pavement  >:D
Michelle, Emily and Ollie

Offline elaine.e

• Sweet William
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2014, 10:59:21 AM »
William can smell any kind of dumped food from miles away and makes a beeline for it if off lead and scoffs it all down. But if I'm lucky enough to see it before him I can use a "leave it" and it usually works.

He's never been ill from anything he's picked up, but when we were in the display team for the training club we go to he quietly scoffed practically a whole pack of Haribo that a child had dropped at a local show. He was on lead and I had stopped to talk to someone without realising Will was stood in Haribo heaven >:(. He was on a sugar high afterwards and very lively in the display that afternoon and impressed the fun dog show judge with his extra lively friendliness and won most handsome dog :005:

I'm glad Pepper came to no harm :D

Offline Archie bean

• Donator
  • Archie. RIP bridge babies Sherwood and Dickon.
    • Emma Graham Harpist
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2014, 11:10:16 AM »
Terrifying for you. Norty Pepper. I'm glad you both came home unscathed. I agree, the half eaten dregs of other peoples food that is left lying around beggars belief.  >:D

Offline HBP

• Hudson Bramble
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2014, 01:57:07 PM »
Oh I feel for you. Other people's dumped food makes for the majority of my recall problems! Hudson finds stuff you would not believe in our local woods, he hasn't been ill yet though, fingers crossed....  Plus some idiot who leaves whole loaves of bread on all the benches in the woods (presumably for the birds?)  >:D Pretty sure bread is not good for birds and it certainly isn't for my greedy puppy!!

So glad he was okay, little monkey  ;)

Offline *MaryG*

• Donator
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2014, 06:34:21 PM »
thanks for the replies, yes the main thing is that he's fine. i took him somewhere different today in the vain hope he will forget where the bread was!as he has just come into the room with a box of cup a soup he snaffled from the cupboard i think he will continue to be as food orientated as ever!!

Offline dizzytrish

• Donator
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2014, 07:40:49 PM »
My biggest bug bear is discarded chewing gum,every street has it, and yuk when its caught in paws too. :020:

P.s why is this topic pinned?

Offline elaine.e

• Sweet William
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2014, 07:47:36 PM »
My biggest bug bear is discarded chewing gum,every street has it, and yuk when its caught in paws too. :020:

P.s why is this topic pinned?

No idea :dunno:, but now unpinned :D