Author Topic: Sleep tight Moog  (Read 1204 times)

Offline The Moog

• Site Member
  • Mwaaah!
Sleep tight Moog
« on: February 24, 2016, 09:41:21 PM »
Well I used to be a regular here when Moog first came into our lives early in 2005.  I met some lovely people though COL and we also found Mervyn, our second (rescue profoundly deaf from birth) cocker who turned 12 last week.  Yesterday my heart broke as we said goodnight to The Moog for the las time after a short illness.  We found out almost by accident she had tumours in her lungs in the summer last year which looked likely to be a secondary but we didnt want to do anything invasive.  She was happy and with no issues so on we went.  Just over a week ago she started eating less and eventually stopped, slowing down and becoming lethargic. I thought it might be yet another episode of pancreatitis which normally took a few days to turn around so I kept a close eye but by monday I knew she was in pain and called the vet for an appointment.  Tuesday morning we went after a night of 2 hourly vomiting episodes and established through X-rays, blood tests and ultrasound that she was bleeding internally and her spleen was shot to sh!t.  We could have opened her up but the vet felt there was a less than 10% chance of success (she has some other issues too) and I wanted to be with her if she had to go.  So we went home for the afternoon so we could spend some time together and the kids could say goodbye once they got home from Ski School (it''s half term here in Switzerland).  By the time we returned at 4pm she couldnt walk and I knew we had to let her go.  It was the saddest and hardest thing I have had to do in a long time.  We took Merv with us but he stayed in the car.  We talked and massaged her for half an hour.  She knew she was loved of that much I am certain.

Moog you were my first dog. You taught me so much.  You were grumpy, smelly and noisy - dogs dont bark in Switzerland apparently....well Moog bucked that (BS) trend for sure. I hope Merv will be ok without you and that we dont lose you both this year (he has his own serious health issues too).  He seems ok so far....

Thanks COL.  You were important and awesome.

Run free Moogy Lump.  :luv:

Love,
Lisa, Moog & Mervyn x x x x