Author Topic: Boudicca Diary  (Read 8554 times)

Offline Countrygirl

• Donator
    • Countrygirl
Re: Boudicca Diary
« Reply #45 on: October 26, 2017, 09:23:59 PM »
Bless her, she has definitely found the right forever home.

Offline Groover

« Reply #46 on: November 01, 2017, 12:33:49 PM »
Thanks for all the lovely replies!

She has now been walking on a leash out of the house for a week and it seems to be having a positive effect in other areas. She is more happy in general and more willing to approach me for attention and treats. She still gets a bit scared on walks but nowhere near as much as before. Also she willing runs into the front porch to go for a walk! Big improvement over being scared to go there.  :banana:

The thievery rate has risen significantly, and to me that is a good sign! I would say she is now more like a 3yo Cocker than when we got her, which was perhaps more like a 10yo Cocker.

House training is still a struggle. We are doing everything we can to encourage her in this area, but it is slow coming compared to everything else.

Offline MIN

• GEMMA
« Reply #47 on: November 01, 2017, 01:12:45 PM »
Thanks for all the lovely replies!

She has now been walking on a leash out of the house for a week and it seems to be having a positive effect in other areas. She is more happy in general and more willing to approach me for attention and treats. She still gets a bit scared on walks but nowhere near as much as before. Also she willing runs into the front porch to go for a walk! Big improvement over being scared to go there.  :banana:

The thievery rate has risen significantly, and to me that is a good sign! I would say she is now more like a 3yo Cocker than when we got her, which was perhaps more like a 10yo Cocker.

House training is still a struggle. We are doing everything we can to encourage her in this area, but it is slow coming compared to everything else.

:banana: :banana:
Run free and fly high my beautiful Gemma
2011 - 2023 

----

Offline sodpot2000

« Reply #48 on: November 01, 2017, 01:22:13 PM »
So pleased to hear this. There is some good new in the world after all!

Offline Groover

« Reply #49 on: August 28, 2018, 06:23:28 PM »
Come April we were still left with some stubborn problems. I had to hunt her down to get her leash on to go for a walk, she was scared on walks, didn't like visitors, violently car sick and potty training was not working out at all.

Then something changed in April. We didn't notice it at the time as it was subtle, but only looking back now do we see that is when things started to change.

Something in her head made her realize she was now a family dog, and slowly, bit by bit, she started urinating in the house less and became more interested in what we were doing around the house. She was turning into a family pet instead of a dog that just happened to be living in the house with us.

For the last couple of months she has asked to go outside and no accidents inside the house.  :banana:

On walks over the last few months she is less afraid of people and dogs and will happily walk on by them. Still wary, but not laying flat on the ground anymore.

Then over the last two weeks she has started running into the porch to get her leash on. I have no idea what changed!

We have some medication to help her with the car and we think it is motion-caused rather than fear as sometimes when setting out for a walk she tries to jump into the car as we walk past it.  :005:

Apart from the car sickness the only problem remaining is that she barks endlessly at visitors out of fear, so we still have to work on that.

We discovered by accident that she loves to jump into cardboard boxes. Perhaps she sees them as whelping boxes, so now we have a cardboard vegetable tray/box thingy always in the living room filled with paper packaging for her to jump into and rummage around on.  :005:

Offline bizzylizzy

• Donator
  • 🙂 Jayne
« Reply #50 on: August 28, 2018, 06:30:47 PM »
Oh how wonderful! What a lovely update, so pleased for you that things have started to turn around and that she‘s finally overcoming her fears and relaxing. Its been a long haul but it sounds like you‘ve got there! Well done to you and lots of  :D :bigarmhug:to the little lady!

Offline MIN

• GEMMA
« Reply #51 on: August 28, 2018, 08:57:36 PM »
thanks for the update. bless her  :luv:
Run free and fly high my beautiful Gemma
2011 - 2023 

----

Offline Finvarra

• Milo, best of dogs
    • Gaia Art
« Reply #52 on: August 28, 2018, 09:43:05 PM »
So lovely to hear she is coming out of her shell  :luv: well,done coping with all the struggles, she is so worth it  :luv:

Lesley and Dylan
Remembering All the dogs of my life, especially Milo

Offline ejp

• Donator
« Reply #53 on: August 29, 2018, 05:46:25 PM »
Gorgeous Boudicca, what a lovely update. Fantastic progress, it seems like she has figured out that she has her own mind, and is free to make her own choices. Just wonderful. Really well done to all the family who care for this little one, a great achievement. Xx

Offline Jaysmumagain

• Donator
« Reply #54 on: August 29, 2018, 06:10:31 PM »
What a lovely update, time and love and understanding...she is such a beauty
Cocker kisses and cuddles just make my day!

You are always with me darlings Jaypup and my precious Oliver you are so missed