Author Topic: Winter warmers????  (Read 3809 times)

Offline JeffD

• TEAL
Re: Winter warmers????
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2017, 10:29:31 AM »
Teal would over heat in any sort of coat even on the coldest days she is still panting when we get in so I just give her a good dry with towels in the back of the car after checking and removing normal debris and seeds.
Never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly

Offline hblower

• Site Member
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2017, 09:08:55 PM »
Orin has equefleece and s weatherbeeta waterproof lined one to keep him
Warm and dry

Offline bmthmark

« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2017, 08:44:06 AM »
I recently bought Jett an Equafleece. Its not the cheapest but fits him well and looks well made.
Haven't really had any use of it yet. But i'm sure it will keep him warm in the cold months

Offline ips

« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2017, 08:47:33 AM »
I recently bought Jett an Equafleece. Its not the cheapest but fits him well and looks well made.
Haven't really had any use of it yet. But i'm sure it will keep him warm in the cold months

I have equifleece for eze, I put it on her for the journey home sometimes even between drives.
Muddling along in the hope that one day it all makes sense.

Offline bmthmark

« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2017, 10:59:59 AM »

I have equifleece for eze, I put it on her for the journey home sometimes even between drives.

Thanks - I think I read a post on here that recommended them. I'm sure Jett will get a lot of use out of it (very soon)

Offline PennyB

« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2017, 01:02:13 AM »
My two have Equifleece polo neck jumpers, but they don't wear them when we're out on walks because even the 13 year old is still active enough that he keeps himself warm when we're walking.

They wear them:
As drying coats after rainy walks, with a towel dry first to get the worst of the water off them.
In the car on the way home from walks in cold weather and if the car journey is more than a few minutes. The back of a car is never as warm as the front and just because I'm thawing out nicely with the help of the heating it doesn't mean it's reaching the dogs!
If we stop for coffee or a pub lunch after or during a walk on a cold day. I don't like the idea of them having been warm and active and then getting cold when we stop for a break.

I have them for the same plus when Roobs could no longer go offlead she wore hers then too but Lady is 13 and still active so she only wears hers after a walk if need be but never during a walk if she's offlead

Mine will sometimes wear hi viz vests/jackets but they are purely for low light or dark conditions as the material isn't good for warmth or keeping dry

I am thinking of buying a snugglebug coat for my next lot of coats though https://www.snugglebugdogclothing.co.uk
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!

Offline Leo0106

« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2017, 08:23:56 AM »
Do equafleeces act similarly to drying coats? Since the temps have dropped I'm noticing that I was being neurotic and he definitely isn't cold on or after walks but if he is wet he hates it, if he's wet in the car he goes completely mad on the drive home and the same if we get home and he's wet.
Looked at some drying coats that a lady sells and donates money to spaniel aid UK but I believe her stock until after Christmas is now empty.

Offline Joules

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2017, 09:04:58 AM »
Do equafleeces act similarly to drying coats? Since the temps have dropped I'm noticing that I was being neurotic and he definitely isn't cold on or after walks but if he is wet he hates it, if he's wet in the car he goes completely mad on the drive home and the same if we get home and he's wet.
Looked at some drying coats that a lady sells and donates money to spaniel aid UK but I believe her stock until after Christmas is now empty.

Dogs generally do not need coats - what with having a fur coat and all  :shades: :005:

Coco has an Equafleece which I put on her if she is wet after a walk and sitting about.  They are great and wick the moisture away from the coat so stop them getting too cold  ;)  The only other time is if there is deep snow, she has a snowsuit with legs to stop her legs getting clogged up with ice balls which she hates  >:D

Otherwise, she is fine "au naturel"  :D
Julie and Watson

Offline Darwin

« Reply #23 on: November 16, 2017, 05:06:43 PM »
Equafleeces are wonderful.

Last year I was looking for something to keep Darwin dry and a little warm as he's not as mobile as he was since his spinal op

I needed something that would work over a harness but very easy to put on. The jumpers just won't work for him. The lovely lady at Equafleece recommended the polo neck coat and even especially cut one out in the colour I wanted as she had non ready made. Also she said if I marked where I needed the hole for the harness and returned it to her, she would make a proper harness hole. In the end I just cut a hole for the harness, it not frayed even after a year of use

Offline Leo0106

« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2017, 05:42:18 PM »
Thanks all. Think I will go shopping on the equifleece site!
The only thing I think i need to sort is the fact that Leo has a handle harness so a fleece would need to go under this, would take the harness off but I use it to keep him secure on the back seat of the car!! ......

Offline its.sme

• Not trained to the Gun, just trained to my Mum x
« Reply #25 on: November 16, 2017, 06:38:48 PM »
Now it's cold I adjust Bea's car harness say it can go over the Equafleece,  when the temperature changes again I will then adjust it back.