Cocker Specific Discussion > Insurance

Anyone used Bought By Many (currently feel ripped off by MoreThan)

(1/2) > >>

PennyB:
Anyone used Bought by Many for their pet insurance - am peed off that the one year my dog has an illness (he was investigated for hypothyroidism etc. so was about 3 blood tests, and 2 skin biopsies as he'd lost fur [and put on loads of weight and had effectively slowed down even though he is only 6 years old] so needed to check it wasn't something else). MoreThan have changed his insurance premiums by putting them up by just over 100% as a result.

I guess I need to speak to my vet re ongoing issues re his illness if they can occur as its well managed by tablets at moment that cost pennies (which I don't claim for anyway).

When Bosley my other dog had his cataracts op it cost 4 grand (with petplan) and they just put insurance premium up by inflation. I think last year I claimed a total of about 600 quid re Jasper and they're now wanting over 100% more in premiums

Robbie34:
I cancelled my insurance with them last year.  I never had a claim and they increased the cover to £90 per month.  When I first insured with them they promised a reduction for no claims.
Pet insurance is a minefield so I am now putting money away for mine.  Fortunately, my two have been fine so I have saved over £1,000 this year.
When I had Henry I was with John Lewis and they were fine but costly.  Henry had Epilepsy and then Cancer.  He was PTS at seven and John Lewis covered everything.

vixen:
I think most pet insurances are the same  >:D
I previously had Sainsburys until my girls were about 7 and the price rose ridiculously.
I then swapped to More Than who were excellent until my girls became 12 and then the premiums were extortionate and I still had to pay an large percentage of any vet treatment. I simply couldn’t afford to continue with them.
I cancelled the policies but still put the previous premium amount into an emergency fund.
With my new addition, I am with John Lewis and whilst the premiums are still low, I am able to pay them and start to put extra money into a bank account which can hopefully build up so that when she reaches an age when pet insurance is unaffordable I will have a back up.

Mrs T:
I was with More than for Fizz and Riley before they increased the premiums out of all proportion so found Purely Pets. I joined them on 16th January 2018 and sadly lost  5 year old Riley to heart failure (no previous history) on the 25th, 1 day after the qualifying period. They were marvellous and sent a lovely letter and paid in full. The policy was then cancelled. I would highly recommend them.

Because of her age (10 at the time) I only had Fizz covered for accidents knowing that I could probably cover any medical incidents, which thankfully there weren't any before I lost her to old age last May.

Mrs T:
Sorry, I got the start date wrong - it was 10th January.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version