Cocker Specific Discussion > Health

Snoopy has toe cancer

(1/4) > >>

pinkmarshmallow:
Morning.  Last week was told Snoopy, 6.5 years old had cancerous lump between 2 toes (back leg).  Taken him to vets tohave it removed this morning and vet rang to say it’s also more over to one of the middle toes and needs to lose it.  So upset.  He first had a lump, the groomer noticed, back in November and was treated with antibiotics and Metacam for 5 days.  Seemed that it reduced and his hair grew over and, hate to say it, but forgot all about it with Christmas etc.  Feel bad, as groomer then found it again first week of this month.  Took him to vets and here we are.  Does anyone have any advice on best aftercare etc as been warned that he’ll be lame for a while.

Have already got my older dog, Benji, 9 years old, who had op for IVDD 2 years ago and thought that was bad with 10 weeks crate restriction.  Just feeling overwhelmed ( plus I’m full of cold with sinus infection)!  Roll on 2025  ph34r

bizzylizzy:
Oh heavens Hayley, So sorry to hear that, poor Snoopy (and poor you!) You’re certainly earning your colours in cocker nursing! 😢 No advice unfortunately but sending lots of good wishes for Snoopy, hope he‘s back on his paws again soon.
Lots of  :bigarmhug: :bigarmhug: from me and of course tail wags from Humph‘ for the boys!
xx :luv: Jayne

Mudmagnets:
Sorry to read about Snoopy  :luv: don't have any advice except probably keeping the area clean and dry as I am sure you know anyway.

Sending some  :bigarmhug: :bigarmhug: for you.

ejp:
Poor snoopy, and poor you. That is very unlucky.  Could you use a baby sock to cover the dressing, and a dog boot for extra coverage. That would allow for trips to the garden for toileting.

pinkmarshmallow:
Snoopy has had his foot redressed today and it appears the infection is still there and so more antibiotics and to carry on with double dose of painkillers.  Again I’ve been warned that it’s going to be a long haul ph34r.   He’s coping very well bless him but does whimper now and then. 

Hi Jayne.  I know my nursing skills are coming along rather too quickly!  Nice to hear from you and hope Humphrey’s running around as only Humphrey can! Benji’s like a greedy mad thing at the moment and thinks he’s 2 again >:(.  He’s on max medication and regular physio!    They’ve completely changed roles - Benji all over the place and Snoopy now poorly. 

Thanks Mudmagnet and ejp for your messages. Really appreciate them. 

I’m now the proud owner of so many size waterproof boots that I may set up shop!  With all the bandaging his foot/leg is in, I had to order the XL boot (for a 9kg cocker!) Unfortunately it’s so tender for him that he would not let me put the Velcro around.  Back to the plastic bag and elastic band every time he goes out.  x

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version