Cocker Specific Discussion > Health

Protein in urine

(1/4) > >>

Finvarra:
Dylan is 8.5 years now, lively. He had his six monthly health check, and was found to have some protein in the urine. Been tested twice. He's going for a blood test tomorrow (over £200!!!! 😱) to see what the problem is, probably kidneys starting to deteriorate with age. Yikes.

bizzylizzy:
 Oh golly, that’s given me a nudge to remind me that Humphrey needs to have another blood test!! , he also had a raised protein level (16) just over a year ago, the vet wasn’t overly concerned but said we should keep an eye on it. 
Fingers and paws crossed that everything’s ok with Dylan  :luv:, do please keep us posted.
 :bigarmhug: from me and ofcourse lots of tail wags for Dylan from Herr Humph!
 :luv:

phoenix:
I sincerely hope all is well. Has he any other symptoms like smelly breath ?   That’s how Bobby  was diagnosed with a blood test before the young vet wanted to do a dental for it!

Finvarra:
We've had the results now, and it is nothing to worry about (phew!). Two blood tests confirmed the protein, just a sort of early,warning to adjust his diet. He is already on senior wet food, but he has some adult kibble, so we will change that to a senior one too (TBH we get our dog food online and delivered, so had a bag to use up). Also the treats will be changed and I'll hunt out some low protein ones. Tonight he's got raw carrot, which he loves, so just some changes will sort it. The vet isn't worried. I'll take his last bag of adult kibble and the treats to the dog shelter.
He'll be 9 in June, vet says he is in good shape otherwise. 🐾

ejp:
That’s relief, I suppose we all need to adjust slightly as we get older.  The rescue will appreciate the donation.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version