Author Topic: 2 bathed cockers = pandamonium  (Read 2446 times)

Offline sarahp

• Site Member
2 bathed cockers = pandamonium
« on: June 25, 2006, 10:31:17 AM »
I took the hounds for a lovely long walk this morning and to say they got manky is a HUGE understatment  ::) :luv:  Anyway called OH on the way home and told him to get the bath ready. 

So both dogs have had a proper bath - as opposed to quick showering outside the backdoor - Daisy was first then Dill then when both had been rubbed down as much as we could we let them out of the bathroom.

Well to say they went nuts is another HUGE understatement - it was the closet I've seen them to a proper fight since 3 days after DIll arrived.  They have completely lost the plot.  The usual running around and ear rubbing I understand but this was really nasty and definitley 6 of one and half a dozen of the other.

Any ideas??  Obviously from now on bath's will be a seperate thing - but why would having a bath send them so bonkers???  Even brekkie didnt calm them down - they just started again as soon as the food was finished.
Sarah & The Roan Rangers - Daisy Dog & Dill Boy

The average dog has one request to all humankind. Love me

Offline hamfam

• Site Member
  • Lucy Blue roan beauty
Re: 2 bathed cockers = pandamonium
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2006, 10:44:08 AM »
Maybe something to do with the loss of scent from each other? maybe this upset the dominance thing?

Lucy has a five min maddness when we bathe her, rolling around rubbing her ears in anything she can find generally putting on more dirt than we get off but there is no aggression

If it's not wet and sloppy, it's not a real kiss

Offline Luvly

• Site Member
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2006, 10:46:03 AM »
 ;)
Nikkoletta + Wunderschöne Welpen Lindos demais

Offline *Jay*

• Donator
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2006, 01:24:22 PM »
Mine do get very growly with each other after bath time - I put it down to them all trying to dash around at the same time ::) No actual fighting though :huh:
Dallas ( 10) & Disney ( 9 )

Playing at the Bridge: Brook (13/06/04), Jackson (23/12/05) & Vegas (14/07/10)

Offline Deb H

• Site Member
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2006, 01:31:26 PM »
Jasp and Georgie are just the same run round like utter nutters have a growl fest a bit of posturing and then curl up in bed together making the house stink of damp dog. Don't you just love em :D
He is your friend,your partner,your defender,your dog. You are his life,his love,his leader. He will be yours,faithfull and true,to the last beat of his heart.You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.Anon.
Deb,Henry,Jasper & George angel babies. Sydney,Harry,Jethro,Dhali Hebe Seth Hades Moses

Offline PennyB

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2006, 05:50:59 PM »
Mine do get very growly with each other after bath time - I put it down to them all trying to dash around at the same time ::) No actual fighting though :huh:

Mine too, and it often sounds fierce but I know it isn't.

Its not confined to bath time either here as if they both come back wet either from the rain or swimming in the river they do this.

Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!

Offline Bertie

• Site Member
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2006, 10:17:57 PM »
My parents have two Newfoundlands and they go to a grooming place to be washed and groomed. When Tara (the younger one) comes back, Lucy (the older one) just looks at her in disgust as if to say "Who are you?" obviously her familar scent has been washed off! They still stay friends - no aggression - Lucy just ignores Tara for a while... Poor Tara.

We have recently got a Blue Roan Cocker, Sasha, and she hasn't met the Newf's yet, she might have a bit of a shock! It'll be like meeting King Kong!

Offline Cathy

• Site Member
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2006, 10:15:49 PM »
Don't mean to hijack this thread with this question, but why do they run around, rubbing themsleves on everything?.
Jazz goes manic. I had been told it was  to do with scent, but I don't know if thats true.

CATHY

'A dog may be the only opportunity a human has to choose a relative.' -- Mordecai Siegal

Offline hamfam

• Site Member
  • Lucy Blue roan beauty
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2006, 10:28:34 PM »
Don't mean to hijack this thread with this question, but why do they run around, rubbing themsleves on everything?.

The more i read of this thread the more i am coming to the conclusion that they don't like the way they smell after a bath and it is an attempt to either rub off their new smell or mask it with something else, i think the growling at each other is because they are unsettled by the new scent of their playmate - this from a dog owner of all of six weeks, i should be ashamed to post :shades:

Offline *jean*

• Donator
  • who need s pills when you have pals ?
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2006, 10:44:03 PM »
I have 3 spaniels and its as if they are trying to dry their ears. my old dog rags did it too but the collies never, so perhaps its the long ears and  maybe soap in them...as they dont do it when theyve been in river.. pepper always thinks she will catch a fish..... :005:. mind you then  when they come out of river, they are usually going too fast to do much apart from stopping briefly  and giving a quick shake before belting off again... usually right beside me so I get soaked too.
 My dogs also get hyper and try to play with the towel after a bath but I put it all down to just being glad to be free again,
 who really knows what goes through their walnuts of brains?  ::) they never scrap but play fast and hard. >:D

Offline Rhona W

• Site Member
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2006, 11:06:14 PM »
i should be ashamed to post :shades:

Oooh. Having read your posts I think you should be ashamed of quite a few of them!  ;)

:005:  :005:  :005:

Offline hamfam

• Site Member
  • Lucy Blue roan beauty
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2006, 04:16:45 PM »
Who moi? ph34r

Offline silkstocking

• Site Member
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2006, 05:50:09 PM »
I have a secret trick!!!!!..................................................

..........................................................................Lock 'em in a dry bag and they can't move  :005:  :005:  :005:

And hey presto...........no madness, no haring about, just very peed off looking dogs!!!

For those of you who dont now what a dry bag is...........have a look!! For those of you that do!, Enjoy another laugh at these twos expense!!!!

Offline *jean*

• Donator
  • who need s pills when you have pals ?
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2006, 06:14:04 PM »
dont they try to escape?
 how do they dry off? what  are they made of ?
 great pics and beautiful dogs. sad eyes..... :embarassed:

Offline Deb H

• Site Member
« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2006, 07:12:39 PM »
How funny is that piccie :005: and yes they look very p'd off in fact they look like they have revenge on their minds.
He is your friend,your partner,your defender,your dog. You are his life,his love,his leader. He will be yours,faithfull and true,to the last beat of his heart.You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.Anon.
Deb,Henry,Jasper & George angel babies. Sydney,Harry,Jethro,Dhali Hebe Seth Hades Moses