Author Topic: Charlie's history.  (Read 816 times)

Offline tjsheps

• Site Member
Charlie's history.
« on: June 28, 2006, 10:21:24 PM »
I know this is a long shot but wondered if anyone could offer any suggestions.
Charlie is a rescue dog but we do know quite a lot of his history, here goes.  Born 19th December 1998 in either Dorking or Bracknell, litter of 5 pups with Charlie (black and white ) being born totally deaf.  We have his original vaccination certificate but thats all.  Would it be possible to find out any more of his history or is it going to be impossible?

Tracey, Blue and Charlie

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
Re: Charlie's history.
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2006, 09:24:34 AM »
It's a bit like looking for a needle in a haystack I'm afraid. You could search KC litter records for litters born on that date but Charlie may not have come from a KC reg litter in which case there is no way of tracing where he came from. Even if he was registered, without the breeder's name, someone would have to go through all the Cocker registrations for that period (and beyond) in the hope of finding a litter born on that date containing a black & white dog.

Jane

Offline workingcockers

• Site Member
    • http://www.workingcockers.co.uk
Re: Charlie's history.
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2006, 11:41:14 PM »
Ive done a search in my BA db using the DOB as the search criteria - 28 cockers have that date of birth, there were only 2 litters of 5 pups born on that day - BUT - they are all reg with blue roan as the colour, Are you ab sure he came from a litter of 5? there is a litter of 3 born on that date, with 2 of the dogs being black and white

Kirsten
Kirsten Strachan
Lorne Working Cockers