Cocker Specific Discussion > Health

Smelly

(1/2) > >>

dollar:
Hi all
I have a smelly little girl its a fishy smell both from her urine and also her Breath this maybe from her licking her hind quarters.She is 20 months old and is full of life and eats like a horse.
 I have been in touch with my vet and I am informed that this could be a gland in her rear end that requires draining  any one experienced this ???.                    

stueymac:
That will be the anal gland, quite normal. If we take our two to the groomers, for a small extra charge they will see to emptying the anal glands for us. Quite a straightforward thing to do. I know it's possible to do it oneself, but we prefer to leave it to the pro's. Did your vet not offer to do it for you?

Stuart                    

dollar:
Thanks Stuart for your reply I feel more at ease now I had all sorts of things going thru my mind.
It was the Vets receptionist who thought it was that so now I will make a appoinment to see the Vet.
Thanks again
Dollar :)                    

stueymac:
Yes the vet will sort that out no problem. In the meantime here is a link (USA site) which tells you all about the glands and what they do.

http://www.peteducation.com/article.cfm?cl...2&articleid=510

Stuart                    

dollar:
Hi,
just up dating you, had Bramble to the vets the problem was as you suggested her rear end a bit of a messy job for the vet but problem is solved and we can now have the pleasure of those wet licks
Thanks
Dollar                    

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version