Author Topic: Web Cam and talking!  (Read 865 times)

Offline silkstocking

• Site Member
Web Cam and talking!
« on: January 29, 2007, 08:18:37 PM »
Just wondering if you can help! She says in a BEGGING PLEADING tone :005:

We are having web cam issues!! Forgive the ignorance!!!!!!

Okay basically here is the probelm, the web cams work, but we cant talk!! Well I can be heard, but only if my headphones arent plugged in, but I cant hear anything anyone else says!!!!????

Its seems Maxine ( Max x2!!) is having exactly the same problem when she is talking to her parents, they can hear her but she cant hear them!?!?

Does anyone know what we are doing wrong!!!! Its sure to be something really simple  ph34r but please help us!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :005: :005: Tis very frustrating!! :lol:

Lisa, Mich and Maxine!!!! xxxxxx

THANK YOU ALL YOU CLEVER PEOPLE WHO ARE SHAKING YOUR HEADS IN DISPAIR AT OUT STUPIDITY  ::) :005:

Offline biggles

• Site Member
Re: Web Cam and talking!
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2007, 08:39:25 PM »
Try control panel - sounds and audio settings and run the hardware tests, windows should set up your mic automatically. make sure your sound card is set as default if you have one, if not it will use the built in audio drivers on the main board

Offline Max X 2

• Site Member
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2007, 08:56:45 PM »
Ah well, after doing that test it confirmed that my mic isn't working properly.  Unless I have to plug it into the back of my pc which really isn't practical.  It looks like conversations will have to continue where I can hear but not  be heard  :-\
Can I have the speakers plugged in as well as the mic?
Maxine owned by Max & Harry

Offline biggles

• Site Member
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2007, 09:45:20 AM »
yeh i have a seperate mic and speakers plugged into my sound card as the mic on my cam went, works fine.

One other thought, you know the windows volume control?

WELL THERE IS AN OPTION FOR RECORDING. u can select what you hear or microphone, should be set to mic from the drop down list :P